<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

For those who have taken Estinyl...your thoughts please

January 23 2012 at 12:26 PM
AJ  (no login)

I started this cycle taking Estinyl prior to getting AF. My CD 3 numbers were:

E2- 9
FSH- 7.5

In cycles past, my FSH tends to go up a lot after my baseline so for this cycle Check had me continue the Estinyl and retest on CD 10. Those numbers:

E2- 6.2
FSH- 19
u/s showed no follicles
increase Estinyl to 2x day, retest on CD 17, which will be tomorrow

This is really rare for me, to not develop a follicle. I've had much higher FSH's and developed a follicle on my own. So I'm thinking the Estinyl is suppressing me.

But here's my concern- I'm staying on Estinyl to bring down my FSH. But if the Estinyl is suppressing me, isn't it a natural response for my FSH to spike up in order to recruit a follicle? Doesn't it seem like the Estinyl is counter-productive in this case?

I'll ask when I have my callback tomorrow for my b/w, but I wanted your thoughts in case someone brings up something I haven't thought of:)

TIA!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AJ
(no login)

So to clairify my concern

January 23 2012, 12:31 PM 

I worry that my FSH is high right now because of the Estinyl.

Respond to this message   
Dana
(no login)

Same boat here

January 23 2012, 1:36 PM 

Hi there AJ...

I am going thru the same thing as you. This cycle I went in on CD4 for my labs and U/S...E2 as 47 and FSH was 10, no follies. Cooper had me take Ethinyl 2x a day and come back on CD9.. E2 42 and FSH 20!...Hello, there was something trying to grow but like you, no follies seen. Odd for me too. Had me continue Ethinyl and come back on CD12.. E2 49 and FSH 13. Told to come back for labs on CD16...E2 39 and FSH was 15.2. I was told to go back on CD23...E2 7 and FSH 13! Obviously my body wants to do something. I think we both are suppressed. Still no follies. I need E2!!!! Plain and simple. I think that adding Estrace like Laura did will help. I go tomorrow for b/w again...that will be CD31 and no ovulation. Crazy. I did add the Estrace since it was only 7. I know I'm bad because they didn't tell me too but, I had to do something! Interested to see what my numbers are. I have a feeling that I'll need provera to bring on AF. So, do I think you're being supressed with Ethinyl....ABSOLUTELY.

I hope you can get your cycle straightened out!

Best wishes,
Dana
XoXo

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

See, this is odd to me

January 23 2012, 3:54 PM 

Because when I took Estinyl in the past (although it was just once) they told me to stop as soon as my FSH was below 12 I think. So, like your situation, it was odd to me that my CD3 was nice and low at 7.5 and I'm still on it. I always ask for C.heck to review my labs before my callback, so I know it's his call and there's a reason for it. I just got a little flustered because I was going over all of this with my acu today and had a hard time explaining why I'm still on it.

And, I wonder if Cooper will acknowledge that patients get over-suppressed on Estinyl? I've read that here from others, but don't know if that's just a self diagnosis or if they've been told that by C.heck? I'll ask all of this at my callback tomorrow and post what the response is.

On a positive note, the increased dosage of estinyl has really upped my libido! :0

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

Well for me...

January 23 2012, 2:56 PM 

It would suppress me, sort of, and then I was taken off it for follicular growth.

Again, to use the sound analogy, if it's been really loud in a room and you walk out it takes your ears a minute to readjust and you feel deaf for a moment, though the sound around you is actually normal. I think it is the same thing a play here.

I say give it some more time (and trust me I really know how hard that is to do!) and see what happens. If your FSH is down this cycle and it stays down you might get great results next cycle.

Good luck and hugs!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Were you already developing a follicle

January 23 2012, 3:57 PM 

when they took you off? Or did you develop one after stopping it? And did they prescribe any stims to promote growth that cycle? The last time I was on estinyl, 2x day, I developed a follicle on my own. Just trying to anticipate possible scenarios so I'm prepared for my callback tomorrow:)

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

No experience with estinyl but

January 23 2012, 10:55 PM 

With CD 3 numbers like you had I'm not sure why you've been on it. Your FSH was nice and low.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement