<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Is 11dpiui too soon to POAS?

January 24 2012 at 7:37 AM
kris  (no login)

Just wondering. I couldn't help myself. I'm 11dpiui with a low round of stims that got us two, possibly three, mature follicles. I think I ovulated the day after the IUI, though, so that would mean I'm probably 11dpo.

Too soon for a HPT? It was a BFN this morning. sad.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sara H
(no login)

It is a bit early, still could go eitherr way.

January 24 2012, 7:44 AM 

It all depends on how long a possible something was floating around and when it settled in. Are you sure of your ovulation day?

I'd say hold a bit of hope and test again but be ready if it's not this cycle...

You could still be in it, it's very hard to tell!

Good luck and hugs!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

I'm pretty sure, but who really knows...

January 24 2012, 7:54 AM 

I had the trigger on a Thurs, IUI on Friday and I felt some major ovu cramps, which I usually feel, on Sat late morning to early afternoon. I'm sure it's possible that I could have also ovulated on Friday (IUI day) and just didn't feel anything. I always feel that cramp on the right, never the left, and this cycle was the first time in 3 months since we started seeing an RE that we even saw a follicle growing on the L (they've just been sitting there, matures developing only on the R).

My P4 7dpiui was 39, so I'm sure that more that one follie released - my P4 has never been that high! 18.7 last month with only one (no stims).

Ugh, I'm getting so frustrated.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

wait it out

January 24 2012, 8:54 AM 

It could definitely be too early as there are a lot of variables on when you actually O'd. Do you have a beta scheduled?

Interesting that you O'd on the bum side this month. So did I! My right never does anything but had a nice 19mm on it the day I triggered.

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

Oops, I meant probably 10dpo and am 11dpiui (n/t)

January 24 2012, 8:03 AM 

Respond to this message   
minka
(no login)

We are on the same schedule, hehe

January 24 2012, 9:24 AM 

Had my trigger on that Wed, IUIs on Thurs & Fri. On day of trigger I had 1 mature 19mm on the right that I think released overnight Thurs/Fri, but I SWEAR I ov'd on the Left on Sat, the ov pain was so strong. On the left were my 2nd and 3rd largest follies (16mm, 13mm on day of trigger). So I am 11dpiui but I think I am 10dpo after the one on the left. I didn't POAS this morning and I don't think I will, I go in for my Beta tomorrow morning, is that when you go too? GOOD LUCK! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
mel
(no login)

still early (friends BFP ment)

January 24 2012, 9:00 AM 

My friend started testing at 9dpiui and was getting BFNs until 13 or 14dpiui when she saw the BFP. Her betas have been rising as they should. So, yes, it could still be too soon. Good luck!

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

No beta scheduled (pg, m/c ment)

January 24 2012, 9:37 AM 

They just told me to do HPT and if I get something even faintly positive, then to come in. Is that normal? I guess there's not much reason to spend the money on the beta test if I have neg HPTs?

I had matures on both left (a first) and right. My lining was in awesome shape by CD9 with a clear triple pattern. My P4 was really good 7dpo (39) but the thing is, I feel NO other symptoms. Not even any P4 symptoms...nothing!!!! My temp has remained high (in the 98.4ish range) post-ovu.

The ONLY thing I've felt was some background level, slight cramping late last week. I felt the same thing the month I got pg (but chem pg, so early m/c), so I feel like I'm feeling implantation cramps, but then there's nothing else. Maybe it's in my head. happy.gif You'd think that if it really was then I should get a faintish line by now. Or is it just pre-Af cramps? It's so frustrating!!!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

no way that's not "normal"!

January 24 2012, 11:07 AM 

if you are under the care of a clinic and they have done an IUI then the proper closure to a cycle is to go in for a quantitative beta...

An HPT is qualitative and only says YES or NO. But those HPTs are only set up to detect the HCG hormone at certain levels. It might read as a NO but you may have a chemical pregnancy that is too low in HCG to register on the HPT but is still a BFP nevertheless. Wouldn't you want to know if you had a chemical (especially given your history of a prior chemical)?? On the other hand, you could have a **false negative** of a very viable pregnancy! It does happen!

Now, all that said, there are some of us on here who know our bodies extremely and thoroughly well, and have enough experience under our belts with cycling to know when a cycle is BFN and choose to skip a beta based on symptoms and HPTs.

BUT - for a clinic to have you rely on an HPT as a determination of whether you're BFP or not is not standard operating procedure. And to base it on "if you get anything faintly positive"...c'mon, that is so subjective!

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

thanks, going in for a beta tmrw!

January 24 2012, 11:58 AM 

You're right, it's been bothering me wondering if I should do it anyway. I called and asked again. They told me, again, that they usually just say to wait for a positive HPT and then come in for the beta.

But I pressed it and mentioned once more my history with the chemical and my concern there. So she said I could always POAS tmrw morning and just come in for the beta (so, at 12dpiui).

I suppose there's the remote chance that implantation could be taking up to 10-12 days, so even a blood test won't show it yet, so maybe a waste of money. But to your point, I should know about more chems if that's the issue. Although, what can you really do about that anyway? Aren't they always just going to say it means my eggs were bad?

I always feel like I have to constantly ask questions! I never feel like there's someone fully watching my back and taking 100% care of me. It's like I have to be hypervigilant about what could be wrong, what I need to do next or test for. It's exhausting. Just me?

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

Most REs would say that

January 24 2012, 12:06 PM 

chemicals are primarily due to chromosomally abnormal embies...I think one RE gave me the stat of 70% or so are as such. But that means that 30% or so not... happy.gif Should we not care about the "minority"?

And having a history of chemicals can indicate several things such as possible immune issues or something "simpler" as needing proper hormone supplementation in the luteal phase to aid in good lining for the embie to burrow and stick.

If the clinic is telling you to do an HPT to determine if PG, I'm guessing they also haven't checked your P4 or E2 or done an u/s either to check for lining? Have they given you any supplementation to take after the IUI?

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

nope, did most of that:

January 24 2012, 12:27 PM 

My lining was a 9 (triple pattern) by Day 9, so they said that was in good shape. My 7dpiui P4 was 39, the highest it's ever been. It was 18.7 last cycle, when I had no stims. (This is my fist ever cycle on stims and it was very low: starting on CD2, 5 days of 5mg/day of Femara, then I did three days of Follistim shots at 75 IUs.)

My FHS on Day 2 was 10.2 and I think my E2 was 66. But never tested my E2 after that.

I asked two times whether I needed P4 supplementation and they told me at 39 I didn't need it. My acupuncturist said the same thing.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

strange?

January 24 2012, 4:57 PM 

I'm totally baffled with your clinic but maybe I'm just lacking info??

They did a CD 2 baseline b/w, put you on Femara and stims and never re-tested your E2 again that cycle???? How did they know when to trigger you?? Did they go by u/s alone? Did they trigger you? If they didn't trigger you how did they know when to do the IUI?

When I asked "I'm guessing they also haven't checked your P4 or E2 or done an u/s either to check for lining?" I should have been clearer. I meant have they done this POST-IUI. It seems like the only monitoring they did POST-IUI was P4 check??

That's fine and at least it's something. And certainly a P4 of 39 after the IUI is good, however, I would still take P4 supplementation if I went so far as to do a stim med IUI cycle.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Her P4 is very good, no supplementation needed

January 24 2012, 5:31 PM 

and most places do not do ultrasounds post IVF or IUI at all (Cooper is the only clinic that does the luteal phase ultrasound).

E2 is also not commonly monitored in the 2ww. But since the poster's P4 level came back so great, it likely means her corpus luteum(s) are functioning well churning out quite enough E2 along with P4.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(Login 39andTTC)

yes 39 is good

January 24 2012, 5:54 PM 

which is why I indicated that.

But to me, it doesn't make any sense to go through the effort of doing a stim med IUI and then just let the chips fall where they may.  I think that if you're going to stim on the front end then follow through on the back end with luteal support.  Because there is zero harm in P4 luteal support.  (would you agree that's not a matter of opinion?)

FYI - C.ornell - an IVF bellwether - monitors both E2 and P4 in the luteal phase on IVF cycles (for obvious reason).  There are also other ladies who've been on here and their clinic has monitored for P4 and E2 in 2WW.

Respond to this message   
minka
(no login)

I agree, P4 supps are smart

January 24 2012, 7:36 PM 

My last Dr. Refused to give me P4 supps. Really, what is it to him whether he gives them to me or not? I suspect I have a luteal phase defect (sometimes as short as 10 days) and P4 supps would help with that. They only tested my P4 once during the CCCT and it was "good" so that was enough to tell them I didn't "need" the P4 supps. But just because my P4 was good on the day they tested, doesn't mean it didn't take a nose dive after that, or that the next cycle and the one after that it was just as high. Like Mrs. A said, why go through all the effort just to let the chips fall where they may? Why not give some extra reassurance (or insurance) to cover all your bases and not leave it to chance?

That said, 39 is great and hopefully it won't matter anyway! But if, IF this cycle isn't the one, I would push your RE for the P4 supps for your next cycle. Good luck! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
kris
(no login)

triggered on Day 9 with hcg

January 24 2012, 6:01 PM 

and yes, it was determined by u/s only, based on follicle sizes, and did the IUI on Day 10 (and lots of BD happy.gif). again, not sure i ovulated until day 11, though.

i've been wondering about E2 testing after day 2/3. you all keep talking about it and i'm kind of confused why i'm never tested for it? they just figured ovulation based on u/s and follicle size. i mean, i am new to this (this is my 3rd month with an RE, already on dr #2 b/c the first one was basically unfriendly to high fsh.)

i've also asked so many times about whether i need p4 supplementation, based on what i've read here, and i'm repeatedly told i don't need it.

so confused!

Respond to this message   
NancyMN
(no login)

I don't think Cooper is the only place that does LP U/S

January 26 2012, 7:48 AM 

My ObGYN monitoring clinic here does this...at 7DPO u/s and bloodwork. That said, I do think it's not common for clinics to do it...my other clinic did not, and they are REs.

Respond to this message   
Alli
(no login)

My old crappy clinic (kids ment)

January 24 2012, 4:14 PM 

Wouldn't do betas until 21 dpo with positive hpt's!! Ugh they sucked. Yes 11dpo is too early. My triplet beta was 57 at 12 days so would barely register on some tests even then.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

bfp mentioned

January 24 2012, 2:02 PM 

I got mine 9 dpiui, but there are alot of women who don't get them until 12, 13, 14 or later. 11 dpiui is still early...especially if you aren't using an early results test.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement