<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BD before RE appt? WWYD?

January 25 2012 at 1:48 PM
Teresa  (no login)

Thinking ahead to next week I have my appt with Dr C. Heck. It will be cycle day 15 and if my OPK says "go " (which historically i ovulate day 14-15) i don't want to NOT bd- but given the fact that he may examine me- should we wait? Problem is appointment late in day and we'll be getting home very late. What would you do? Is this "wrong" to bd in the am before the appt? Should I call them and ask?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
anna
(no login)

Re: BD before RE appt? WWYD?

January 25 2012, 1:49 PM 

actually its good if you BD, he may do the post coital test on you.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

January 25 2012, 2:00 PM 

Anna,
What does the post coital test for?
Thanks for replying so quickly. I hope you're holding up okay!

Respond to this message   
anna
(no login)

January 25 2012, 2:53 PM 

i have never done it, because i am doing an IVF.
He collects specimen from your uterus and check to see if there are any sperm alive there after 24hours or something like that. Its good if you want to do TI and dont leave any stone unturned.

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

January 25 2012, 3:38 PM 

Thanks for explaining this, Anna!!!

Very curious to see what he will suggest. He's the 3rd dr Im seeing. First one said IVF stat, second said try a few months on our own and then go to IVF...really going to him valuing what he says because he comes so highly recommended here. And- his IVFs are so much more affordable compared to the other places I've been.

XOXO

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

YES!

January 25 2012, 2:07 PM 

Anna is right, he might well do a post-coital (which mean "after sex" and tests the ability of the sperm to live you your cervical mucus. Lots of Dr. skip this as they just want to do IUI and charge you anyway when you might not need IUI.)

Plus, if this is a good cycle, you dont want to miss it!

The swimmers that are heading north will be long gone and not effected by the exam, no worries!

BD late he night before or early that morning and see what happens!

Good luck!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Re: YES!

January 25 2012, 2:25 PM 

Will do,then! Thanks for answering, i appreciate your advice!!

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

Just to be clear...

January 25 2012, 3:37 PM 

The post-coital takes a painless sample from your cervix, not your uterus, just so you don't get nervous!
(I think that is what Anna meant but I wanted to reassure you!)

Good luck!

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: Just to be clear...

January 25 2012, 3:41 PM 

LOL, thanks for that...it's kind of funny I wasn't even phased if it had to come from the ute..I'm starting to feel like a pro lately with medical procedures (aside from the HSG and blood work, I had a tooth extracted last week which is worse than all of it put together.) Need to take from my ute? Easy breezy...XOXO

Respond to this message   
Erin
(no login)

That's the spirit Teresa! ;)

January 25 2012, 8:47 PM 

You want to do what to my what?! Well sure, go right on ahead! wink.gif It all gets quite routine after a while, doesn't it! Good luck- hope you have a good visit. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

As usual, I vote for BD. GL! nt

January 25 2012, 3:27 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement