<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hey AJ

January 25 2012 at 6:43 PM
Cee  (no login)

I have a question for you - did you ever ask Cooper on your callback about the estinyl use? I was just reading through posts and saw your discussion about it and was curious what they said.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AJ
(no login)

Re: Hey AJ

January 25 2012, 7:57 PM 

Hey Cee- wouldn't you know, I missed the callback- the one hour I was away from my phone- and it went to VM and then I've been too busy to request another callback. I have to continue taking it and test again Tuesday, and at that point I will be glued to my phone so I can ask some more pointed questions and decide how to proceed.

But I came to a realization today (with the help of Rebekah and MargieD). So I originally thought that the estinyl itself was suppressing me (the really low E2) and the elevated FSH (19, yesterday 17) was in response to that. Well, I've come to the conclusion that it's the other way around. My ovaries aren't responding to the lower FSH. Hence, I'm not developing a follicle because my FSH is so low (well low for me). Does that make sense? I'm sure everyone else knows that, but for some reason I've not been able to see it that way.

When I talk to them Tuesday I'll find out more for sure and post what they say.

Thanks for asking:)

Respond to this message   
Rebekah
(Login Bestbehavior)

Disclaimer lol

January 25 2012, 8:04 PM 

I should add it was my dictaphone notes from Cooper and not me personally. At least if you can interpret them (LOL).

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Ha! Yes this is true...

January 25 2012, 8:09 PM 

and I had to read it over and over again a few times! I've been so focused on the term "over suppressed" that it totally clouded my thinking. Feeling quite foolish that the light bulb didn't go off sooner.

Respond to this message   
Cee
(no login)

Re: Hey AJ

January 25 2012, 8:53 PM 

Yes, that does make sense, thanks. Let us know what they say when you talk to them!

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Thanks, AJ, but I don't think I was much help...

January 26 2012, 6:30 AM 

Had no idea what Dr. C. was saying... but your interpretation made a lot of sense... happy.gif

You should ask Coopers if they need a translator... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Re: Thanks, AJ, but I don't think I was much help...

January 26 2012, 6:45 AM 

Well you were a part of the conversation that led me to my conclusion, so I think you helped in some way! happy.gif He does seem to have his own language....wink.gif

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Yes, he does! :-) Glad you figured it out. n/t

January 26 2012, 7:04 AM 

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

I agree! i look at it like this:

January 26 2012, 7:22 AM 

I know I have mentioned this before but the best way I can think of it, from what I understand, is this:
(Sorry it this is repeat stuff but it make SO much more sense to me than the old "gas in the car" analogy!)

FSH is like volume: Once it is at a certain high level you can keep turning it up, it's just as deafening. And the ovaries get used to the "loud" so once it is turned down they need some time to readjust, for the ringing in their ears to stop, so to speak, before they can "hear" again. And by hear I mean respond to stimulation, like FSH or drugs.

Now, they did needed a louder 'volume' to start but then can readjust/reset to less and then, when you do add drugs, they are able to "hear" it. Does that make sense? If a room is already noisy and you add more sound you can't hear it over the noise anyway... if the radio is really loud you can't hear the ambulance coming up behind you! Same thing!

So, the lack of FSH is not 'suppressing' them, holding them back in any way, it's just they had their loud music taken away and need a rest for a bit!

I think of it as like when I am in the car listening to a great station. I have the volume up since my car is loud on the highway anyway and then as each song I like comes on I turn it up a little... I have no idea who load it is until I pull off the highway!

Anyway, that is how I understand it!

Hope that is somehow helpful!
Sara H

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement