<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Got my medical records today .... Some numbers ....

January 26 2012 at 7:26 AM
Teresa  (no login)

Just thought I would post some numbers .. From blood work day 2. Not sure if they are very bad or what most mean. I'm typing this on iPhone please forgive any typos! Should wait til I'm at my desk but nervous.. Wanted to see if anyone had input

Day 2
T s h 1.51
Total t4 7.6
T uptake 1.09
T uptake % 29

Estradiol 32
Lh 7.8
Fsh 10.4
Prolactin 16.4
Tested normal for HIV rubella cystic fibrosis screening
Fragile x negative
Spinal muscular atrophy SMN1 copy number 2 (reduced carrier risk). ****this scared me since the doctor circled "copy number 2). He didn't say anything to me to indicate I should worry
Dh and I both tested normal for karyotype
Dh senen analysis-
Volume 1.8
Sperm count 190 million
Motility 51%
Ph 7.9
Viscosity moderate
Morphology- normal oval 14%
Amorphous 22%
Small head 26%
Tapered 20%
Double tail 6
Coiled tail 12
***dr had said his semen analysis was 'beautiful'
He really didn't tell me if my numbers were good or bad
When we met with him for the ivf consult he recommended no birth control pills no lipton (o m g it wont let me type l
u p r o n)
Just 8 ampules whatever he didn't name a drug and that's when I had the meltdown in finance because I didn't understand)
Going to c heck next week
Any thoughts are sooooo welcome and appreciated! This is all he tested for. Again I have had recurrent losses.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sara H
(no login)

Others will have moreinfo but...

January 26 2012, 8:13 AM 

Of the bat this says that your FSH is NORMAL.

I guess some dr.s would say it's .4 over normal but, really, it's normal.

With this it really shouts that the only thing keeping you from a full term PG is the losses and that THAT is what has to be addressed, not your hormones.

Your E2 was a bit high, I think, so that could be holding down your FSH a bit but, honestly, all looks good and clear at first read.

No Fragile X, which is great!

So, go see check and see what he says. I don't know his history with recurring losses but I do think if for any reason he things someone else could help you more he will send you there.

I say you have to get the best Dr. for losses.

Looks good, good to have for Dr. Check!
Hugs to you!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: Others will have moreinfo but...

January 26 2012, 9:09 AM 

Sara H,

Thank you!

Do you know what a "good" estradiol level is?
And what it means?

Hope you're feeling fantastic!!! XOXO

Respond to this message   
Raindrops1
(Login Raindrops1)

Looks good to me.

January 26 2012, 9:13 AM 

As Sara says above, someone might say your FSH is a little high, but it is just a little over 10 so I think it looks fine to me. I think your E2 looks good. My RE said it should be below 50 or 60, something like that. Gosh I can't remember. But yours is much lower than that. The doctors compare it with the FSH number together.

I don't know about the other numbers. Glad to hear the RE said the sperm looks great.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

E2/FSH/LH looks great

January 26 2012, 9:23 AM 

those are great numbers. I can't speak about thyroid but I'm pretty sure that 1.51 is fine - I believe it's 2 and under what they want to see at. Ask C.heck - I had asked him this as well and I believe this is his answer but don't have notes with me.

Are these the only CD2 numbers you have ever had drawn? Who told you you had high FSH? Was it based on these numbers??

And at first glance DH's stuff looks good. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: E2/FSH/LH looks great

January 26 2012, 9:34 AM 

the first fsh i had drawn was 11.9 on day 3 in june. my ob gyn did the test, called me back a week later and said "your fsh is a little high, you may have problems"

i was DEVASTATED because this was the first time anyone ever told me a test came back a little high...and i got PG that same month (went on to miscarry but still conceived)

still...the RE i dont think tested me for recurrent miscarriage and i wish he wouldve done a panel for that. maybe c. heck will? last RE thinks im having miscarriages due to my age and my eggs being chromosomally abnormal...though all oher genetic testing for me and dh came back normal.

Respond to this message   
juliemam
(Login juliemam)

have you ever had a day 20+ blood work done?

January 26 2012, 9:35 AM 

That is when progesterone is tested. Should be after ovulation and before AF.

If you are having frequent losses (that is heart breaking and I am so sorry), one of the first things to test is progesterone.

When you go for a beta, be sure to ask to have progesterone checked. (which, really they should do without asking but one never knows)

btw, your fsh is a nice number happy.gif and hopefully it's simply low progesterone, that is an easy fix. happy.gif
and yay that there is no male factor.

this is the site I go to for level references:http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

happy.gif
good luck!!
jm

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

agree with julie

January 26 2012, 9:41 AM 

I'm sorry Teresa. I'm trying hard to keep with the ladies and their histories. I didn't realize you'd had the early losses but now I'm recollecting you mentioning to that effect on a prior post.

You should have 6DPO/7DPO b/w done. Check P4 and E2. Btw, 6DPO is the same as what julie is saying when she refers to day 20. 14 days of follicular phase plus 6 days post-ovulation brings you to CD20. It's also done on CD21 (i.e. 7DPO). A deficiency would be considered a "luteal phase defect".

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

QUESTION

January 26 2012, 9:42 AM 

should i write this all down and demand that Dr check test me for these things?

Respond to this message   
NancyMN
(no login)

He should do it...

January 26 2012, 10:25 AM 

You won't have to demand it...he checked my P4 and E2 when I was there as a matter of routine, and he'll aslo do it post-O. (not sure about E2 though post O)

I am mistaken, someone else please chime in!

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

agree - no need for "demanding"

January 26 2012, 10:30 AM 

this is SOP at Cooper. They check your P4 and E2 at 6DPO. They also check it all throughout your 1st part of your cycle, pre-O, including FSH and LH.

Respond to this message   
juliemam
(Login juliemam)

absolutely (child ment in sig)

January 26 2012, 10:25 AM 

make a list. happy.gif

My RE's jaw always worked when I'd pull out my notes. The heck with her, I was paying her to work for ME, of course I had questions. --too bad I didn't have that much confidence back then, I had my questions or suggestions and had print-outs to back up why I wanted this or that test done. If I hadn't of suggested egg donor, she'd have sent us off with a good luck. (I know! the time I wasted with her but in the end it worked for us. see my sig below)

So not being too savvy on this, I'd ask for that post O blood work (progesterone), an u/s to have a look-see at the ovaries, tested for anti-bodies.

Somebody else might have more to add to the list. I am out of the more recent IF loop. My RE experience was 9yrs ago(!!)

good luck and keep us posted

happy.gif
Juliemam

happy.gif
me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: absolutely (child ment in sig)

January 26 2012, 10:48 AM 

thanks for the suggestion, i will ask and be prepared.

my reg OBGYN, and TWO Re's and noone thought to run these "standard" tests on me? come on...i might be dumb but...???

it makes me upset. im not in my early 20's i feel every day counts...i feel like my body is a ticking time bomb lately....

in any case..i will go in with a list of questions (again)...last RE wouldnt let us take notes/ask questions so...Im frustrated and just want someone to take the time to explain things so i understand and allow for me to ask questions.

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: have you ever had a day 20+ blood work done?

January 26 2012, 9:41 AM 

Never!!! And it makes me so upset because all this time, I never self educated to ASK the dr these questions. I feel guilty, that maybe I cold have prevented these losses, had I known to ask to have progesterone tested...on the OTHER hand...I dont have MD after my name!!!

But- moving forward..I will absolutely ask to have my progesterone tested if I am lucky to get PG again.

Ive only had Day 3 bloods done twice, first in June and recently in December...not much difference...the first time my FSH was 11.9 day 3 and prolactin was 10.7 Dr only had those 3 things tested on me.

Respond to this message   
juliemam
(Login juliemam)

hey, don't beat yourself up, it's not your job to tell teh Drs THEIR jobs.

January 26 2012, 10:42 AM 

and this always bugs me, that Drs need us to be proactive. Every Dr I encounter (and I am exaggerating because there are some on the ball) if I don't ask and quiz, they give a minimum of care.
I could go on but I won't happy.gif it would take too long LOL

what cycle day are you right now? COuld you call your Dr (GP would do) and ask for a requisition to do the progesterone count? You don't have to be PG to get this done, as long as you haven't started AF, you can get it tested. You can get it done this cycle, doesn't matter if you didn't do the day 3 for this cycle, what you are looking for is if you grew enough follicles that became little progesterone factories to help support whatever pg might have occurred and hold everything until the placenta takes over in weeks 10-12 (which explains losses at that time---but not all losses)

I can't remember if they test anything else in the luteal stage. SOmeone here should know. Is estrogen also tested then too??

I do ask questions as they come up and I heard my MIL mutter to DH that "they must love her at the Drs". ha. this is a woman who kept insisting that the huge spot on the temple was nothing because her dr never said anything and what do you know? she sees the Dr's colleague who says, hey look at that, let's do a biopsy. Turns out it's a melanoma, removes it and her lymphs nearby and all is clear. and still she criticizes my proactive behaviour. MILs. what can you do but sigh deeply.
happy.gif

jm

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

Re: hey, don't beat yourself up, it's not your job to tell teh Drs THEIR jobs.

January 26 2012, 10:54 AM 

thanks for making me feel better. you are SO right...you really do have to know your stuff and call them out and ask why/why not. that's why i wrote demand...because frankly i'm annoyed, lol.

im sorry about your MIL, you would THINK she would have learned her lesson and that you are a great example. actually she sounds like my mother (we dont speak)

i am today cycle day 11 when i see c. heck i will be day 15. i could call my regular gyn today and ask...to be tested.

if you aren't proactive, you're right...you could be dead...i have heard of SO many horror stories...look at all the successes on this board even after dr's have said 'there is no hope' imagined if we took their word and never asked?

this is why im seeking another opinion just because something in me tells me i might not need ivf. i just want some options not 'IVF or no baby'

thanks for your suggestions. and congratulations on your successes :0)

Respond to this message   
anna
(Login annawaiting26)

January 26 2012, 11:00 AM 

I hope check helps u. Just wanted to let u know that ur thyroid # are well within range.
Also go to pg board and pick A my's brain on mc. She has gone thru so much, she might be able to help.

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

January 26 2012, 11:15 AM 

Thanks, Anna!! I hope he can help me, too.

I hope you are doing good today. I know the days can drag. You're in my thoughts and prayers daily! XOXOXO

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement