<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

KarenGH - posted to you below about Cooper closing (n/t)

March 18 2012 at 9:28 AM
alima  (Login alima1)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
KarenGH
(Login krgh)

Thanks! nt

March 18 2012, 11:50 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Nancy
(no login)

Alima and KarenGH

March 19 2012, 9:32 AM 

I spoke with them this morning, and they said they don't know when/if they will be closing, but it would probably be the first week in May if they did. Did you get this info from them?

Also, I asked about the OOT monitoring prices going up, and they are NOT (I misspokewhen I mentioned below that they were going up). The prices that are going up are the monitoring packages (e.g. you buy a package of u/s or b/w). So I misread the sign (I was pretty out of it the day I was there for ER happy.gif )

Nancy
p.s. I am going to stop putting MN by my name...from now on I am just Nancy happy.gif

Respond to this message   
KarenGH
(Login krgh)

Thanks, Nancy. (pg ment)

March 19 2012, 10:58 AM 

That is good to know about the OOT monitoring (not that it is that horribly expensive, but every increase hurts a little if insurance doesn't cover it). Thanks so much for the update.

I'm kind of surprised that they don't have a firm plan in place for when they are closing. They usually have a cutoff point to start an IVF cycle when they are planning to close the lab. They may be cutting it close as far as letting everybody know when they are going to close!

I wonder if they are planning around Dr. B's maternity leave?

Respond to this message   
alima
(no login)

Dr. B

March 19 2012, 12:12 PM 

I haven't seen her in a long time - I didn't even know she was pregnant until I read it on a post somewhere. I doubt they would close around someones due date because it could vary and also the lab is only closed one week. I think she would be out for at least 6 weeks to 3 months for maternity leave. I remember when Dr. Cohen went out, the other doctors just covered for her. And I think they brought back Dr. Amui to help with some of the weekend coverage.

Respond to this message   
KarenGH
(Login krgh)

You may be right.

March 19 2012, 12:56 PM 

I was just wondering why they shifted their lab closing. Regardless of why, I'm glad to find out the timing. I don't think it will end up affecting me, but just in case, I'd like to know ahead of time.

I didn't realize they got Dr. Amui back to fill in. I wish she was still there regularly. I really felt comfortable talking with her during cycles a few years ago, especially after having very stressful phone conversations with Dr. Cho.

Respond to this message   
alima
(no login)

Re: You may be right.

March 19 2012, 1:34 PM 

me too, I actually had better conversations with her than Dr. C,h.o.e. I think she still fills in every month for one weekend or something like that. But she doesn't take any patients or consults. She just does the procedures. She also has her own patients I think and she uses the Co.ope.r lab.

Respond to this message   
teresa
(no login)

FYI Dr B due date

March 21 2012, 5:02 AM 

Dr B is due on the fourth of July.
she told me the other day....

Respond to this message   
KarenGH
(Login krgh)

Thanks!

March 21 2012, 9:13 AM 

I appreciate the update. I still need to do a phone consult and was so overwhelmed last fall that I had no time to schedule it. So, I'll try and fit it in before she is on leave.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - KarenGH - posted to you below about Cooper closing (n/t)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement