<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mini stim IVF @ Co.oper

June 19 2012 at 2:31 PM
CW15  (no login)

Hi,

I've only done TI & IUI at Coo.per and haven't yet had success. I've never used any stims. I was thinking about asking them about mini-stim IVF and if I'd be a good candidate. Do I call and ask them now about it (AF is due in the next couple days) or do I just wait until CD3 b/w & u/s?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MargieD
(no login)

Might as well call....

June 19 2012, 4:01 PM 

You'll need to order meds. The sooner you get that out of the way, the better.

BTW - I'm not sure why they won't say that you won't be a good candidate. Dr. C.heck prefers to do things as cheaply as possible and going to IVF as a last resort.

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

I think you need an IVF consult

June 19 2012, 6:01 PM 

When I was considering IVF after multiple TI cycles I was told I needed a consult. Dr. Che.ck doesn't do phone consults but you could do one with another Dr.. I asked and was told that C.heck oversees the cases so you'd still be getting his expertise. I don't think he does ER's anyway so you'd be working with another doc regardless. So my advice would be to call now and get the consult on the schedule if needed. They will move pretty quickly once you make the decision. GL!,

Respond to this message   
Sara Q
(no login)

IVF over the phone consult with Check

June 19 2012, 10:35 PM 

I had one when we decided to move onto IVF. Check called me for the consult after we got back from his 2 week break. It was fine. They sent me a form with the a couple of tests that I needed to get done a week or two after.

However, I am still really confused as to what "protocol" we are going to do and whether or not there's actually an IVF calendar that you have to get on. For example, we were going to start IVF this month, but can't until the month after. When I asked if they needed to write that on the calendar the nurse said no - just call with your day 1 when you want to start (after taking estyinl) and we'll order your baselines. Does this seem right to those of who you have dealt with Coo.per? It makes me nervous that it is so....loosey-goosey.

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Sounds about right....

June 20 2012, 1:15 AM 

I did both stimmed TI and IVF cycles with Co.opers.

They weren't that much different except with the IVF cycles - we tried for a few more follicles so I was on more stims for a longer period.

Protocol was day by day...depending on b/w and size of follicles.... not like the other REs who prefer you follow a set protocol... (and yes, that does feel "loosey-goosey" when you're used to those RE's protocols! Smile...)

By the way - to clarify - I did have a consult with Dr. C but Co.opers pushed for the consult after 6 months of TI cycles. At that time - I mentioned I might be interested in IVF. A few months after that, I called and said I wanted to do IVF and they sent me the form that you (Sara Q) mentioned. Maybe that's why I didn't need to do an actual consult - I just had one??

Respond to this message   
Sara Q
(no login)

Thanks MargieD

June 27 2012, 4:15 PM 

I hadn't seen these replies before! Thanks so much....it does make me feel better that has been others' experiences as well. Did you have to get an ultrasound everyday though? That sounds crazy expensive and tiring....whew!

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Interesting!

June 20 2012, 6:18 AM 

I've had callbacks on the phone with C.heck, but was told I couldn't do a phone IVF consult with him. Oh well:) I'm glad you did and wish you the best of luck for your upcoming cycle!!

Respond to this message   
Sara Q
(no login)

Thanks AJ

June 27 2012, 4:17 PM 

Thanks for the luck! (I need it...wink.gif

I'm wondering if they didn't call the phone call something else - like a "call-back" or whatever in order to get Check to call me......wink.gif That would make sense.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. A
(no login)

total loosey goosey

June 20 2012, 11:23 AM 

You can't get any more loosey goosey than C.ooper! LOL!

It's as they said - call once AF arrives. But make sure you have medication on hand before AF arrives because you want to be prepared. If your next question is "well what medication am I supposed to have if I don't even know protocol?!" then the answer is as loosey goosey as you can imagine - "anything". wink.gif

Did you discuss specific meds with Dr. Ch.eck? If you don't recall take a look at your post-consult letter. He may have mentioned in there. Often it's just a matter of them going with whatever you have on hand or whatever your insurance covers. For stimming I'd have some Gonal F or Follistim on hand and also some Menopur. And then some ganirelix or Cetrotide.

Good luck!

Respond to this message   
Sara Q
(no login)

Thanks Ms. A

June 27 2012, 4:28 PM 

I'm trying to get used to the loosey-gooseyness and just roll with it......we'll see how that goes. wink.gif

Yes, Ch.eck and I did talk about meds - I have some follistim, menopur, and letrozole around the house, although i will probably need to get them to order me more follistim on day 1 because there might not be enough for the whole cycle. I will need to get some cetrotide or ganirelix though as I don't think I have those. Should I just call for an RX now or wait until day 1?

What we did not talk about was dosages....What medicine did you take with your successful cycle and how much? (I think your successful cycle was TI though, right?)

Thanks so much!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement