<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Thoughts on My First Protocol

July 9 2012 at 5:38 PM
BrewersFan  (Login voxfan)

Hi ladies,

I'd greatly appreciate any experiences/input/thoughts regarding the protocol for my first attempt at IVF. I am 36 years, 10 months old. I started with Cetrotide after ovulation was confirmed 2 weeks ago and have been wearing Vivelle patches for the past couple weeks (EPP). My ultrasound yesterday indicated 3-4 follicles on each side. They did not check my FSH.

I began Lupron today (10 units) and will add in Follistim (450) and Menopur (150) on Wednesday. This will continue at least until Saturday when I go in for another ultrasound and bloodwork. Is this considered high stim? Makes me a bit nervous since I keep reading that low stims seem better for people with DOR.

Thanks so much! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alli
(no login)

High stim not necessarily bad (pg ment)

July 9 2012, 6:43 PM 

My triplets came from a protocol with 750 iu of Gonal f then down to 600 for several days. 3 eggs and 3 babies so it was fine for me! happy.gif Good luck

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Yes - high stims

July 9 2012, 6:43 PM 

Yes - this is high stims.

Some women do well with high stims and some do not.

But you also have Lupron and some women do well with Lupron and some do not.

The only way to know is to try the protocol.

Will watch for your update on Saturday.

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Thank you, Alli and MargieD

July 9 2012, 7:11 PM 

I guess that's why I keep referring to it as my first attempt at IVF. I know that everybody is different and what works for some may not work out as well for others. Thanks again!

Respond to this message   
Alli
(Login AC2009)

I know there are Lupron whizes on here

July 10 2012, 1:13 PM 

That can give you more advice, but I went down to 5 units after my 1st canceled IVF and did a bit better. However, I was on it for a LONG time the first protocol.

It really is trial and error so dont feel hopeless if you have slow growth or 1 egg.

Respond to this message   
Mrs. McIrish
(no login)

high or low stim..

July 10 2012, 6:44 AM 

It didn't make a difference for me. I got the same number of embryos on high stim as low stim (2-3). We hoped the quality was going to be better with low stim but they weren't any better. You just have to try and see what happens. Wishing you luck!

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Thank you, Mrs. McIrish! n/t

July 10 2012, 9:54 AM 

Respond to this message   
b&a72
(no login)

RE: Protocol (success ment.)

July 10 2012, 3:09 PM 

Like the other ladies have said it all depends on the person but for me I did 3 high stim cycles and 1 low stim. I produced the same amount of eggs on all 4 cycles but the 4th and last low stim resulted in the best quality all perfect 8 cell grade 1 embryos and my twin girls that are due next week. BUT I also produced at least 2 blastocysts on my previous 3 cycles. You never know until you try it but the best advise I can give is if high stim does not work(which I hope it does) try a low stim next as we all know these meds are not cheap.

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

So exciting!

July 10 2012, 4:58 PM 

It's so great to hear the success stories. You are right about those meds - wow! Very costly. I appreciate your advice and best wishes to you. I will be checking out your status on the other board! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Jamie
(no login)

high stim can be fine (baby ment.)

July 10 2012, 4:53 PM 

Your stims are a tad high but some people have success with that. It doesn't seem to work as well for older women, but you are only 36. I got my daughter when I was 39 on a relatively high stim (225 Ganirelix, 225 Menopur, so 450 total).

One thing I will say is that you have had a lot of suppression in this protocol, from EPP to Lupron. Many of us do not do well on any amounts of Lupron (me included), so if for some reason you don't stim well don't let anyone tell you that it's because of high FSH. I did just fine without Lupron but couldn't stim at all with it. Hoping that is not you, but just want you to know this so you don't worry.

Good luck!

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Thanks, Jamie

July 10 2012, 5:01 PM 

I will definitely keep that in mind about the EPP and Lupron. My RE seems to be very open.

I appreciate that you have shared your experience. It really makes me feel better already to know that if this is not successful, there is still hope for future attempts.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement