<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How often should I get b/w for 1st IVF?

July 26 2012 at 3:16 PM
Emiley  (Login Emiley)

Hi ladies,
I've been w/Cooper for at least a yr, doing natural cycles with T.I.
Gearing up for 1st IVF (overwhelming!) and trying to understand the mini-stim IVF protocol.

I had my Day 3 u/s and b/w today. They told me to repeat all the b/w (E, LH, FSH, P) on Sat plus have another u/s. They don't want me to start Bravelle until the E level goes up, and the FSH level remains low.

Repeating b/w so soon makes no sense to me, since my Estradiol level NEVER goes above 12 until at least Day 11, usually later. So repeating b/w on Day 5 makes no sense to me. The IVF nurses don't know me, so I suspect no one is even looking at my full chart.

Plus I usually only get E & FSH tested around Day 10. (And my insurance ran out, so now I pay for every little test).

Am I missing something here?

Any advice appreciated!
Emiley

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AJ
(no login)

Re: How often should I get b/w for 1st IVF?

July 26 2012, 4:22 PM 

Im doing TI cycles with C.ooper too, but haven't done IVF so I'm not quite sure how often. But it does make sense to me that they would want to keep a close eye on them if you're doing stims. Also maybe because it's before a weekend? If you are an out of town patient i think they try to avoid weekend labs.

Have you told them you are paying out of pocket for labs? If not, you should. They might not have you go as frequently or order all b/w each time. You shouldn't need LH or P4 at your next draw. Right now FSH and E2 are the biggies. Good luck!!!!

Respond to this message   

(Login Emiley)

Makes sense

July 27 2012, 6:33 AM 

Hi AJ,
Thanks for responding. Yes, E2 and FSH seem like the right tests to me, maybe for M or Tu. I put in a call this morning and will post the response. Looking at the post above, would be good to share what kind of numbers they are looking for. I'm sure it's hard for the nurses to keep track of everybody and you definitely have to be your own advocate!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - How often should I get b/w for 1st IVF?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement