<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Starting to take Ethinel E2 on Day four because of miscommunication.is this cycle a bust?

August 24 2012 at 3:13 PM
anon for this  (no login)

Hi Ladies,
I've started my first cycle with Ch.eck. I'm cycle day three today. I'm pretty pissed though because the compounded Estrogen was not ordered for me with my initial order of my ivf meds on day one. (So now I'm not taking it until day four.) After I went to get my BW and U/s on day two, the nurse called me and said "your FSH is high (13) you need to start on ethinel e2." Yeah, no duh my FSH is high! Has anyone read my chart?! And 13 is GOOD for me.(it was 16 last time) Now I'm not going to get this special estrogen until tomorrow, which is day four, it's going to cost my $30 extra for saturday delivery and I'm the one that has had to drive this ship the whole time. I've had to keep calling to make sure things are not slipping through the cracks and everything is! I had to call all around to find a pharmacy that compounds this e2 and I couldn't find one. I am cycling on the west coast and I know you have to be your own advocate, but this is ridiculous. I'm leaving out a lot of detail right now as to why I'm so frustrated, because I'm too tired to type it all out. But I guess my bottom line is question, is this cycle a bust if I start on the compounded Estrogen tomorrow, day four? Isn't one follicle going to get ahead of the others by the time I start the injections? I have a blood test on Monday to check my FSH and E2. Then the nurse said maybe I'd start on injections....I'm so confused. This is my third ivf cycle so I'm well versed in why each med given.

Thanks for listening ladies! Ok, breath in, breath out....

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MargieD
(no login)

I don't think so....

August 24 2012, 3:27 PM 

Have you taken ethinyl before? Do you know how your body reacts to it?

Some people need to be on ethinyl longer than a few days. In June, I had to be on it a week or so. In August, only a few days. It depends on how your body reacts to it and how quickly your FSH comes down.

Do you have a blocked tube or whatever? Is there a reason why you HAVE to do IVF? Can you BD instead? When working with Dr. Ch-eck, I think it's good to have a cycle or two to give him a chance to learn how your body reacts to different meds so that he can put together an optimal combination for "THE" IVF cycle. So - in that perspective - the cycle wouldn't be a bust.

Good luck! happy.gif

P.S. For what it's worth - I'm going nuts, too. My local RE has decided not to do labs on Saturdays - will draw, but no results until Monday. I've been looking all over for a place that would do same day results. This is important, because I've done too many cycles with Dr. Ch-eck and I know that my day 2 numbers count. My FSH can be 6.... or 76.... so it's not like I can just take ethinyl and wait until Monday.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Everything mentioned

August 24 2012, 6:20 PM 

Thanks MargieD for the info. It is really helpful. What about the fact that a follicle might jump ahead because ive had no suppression?. Or will the e2 be the supression? Im a poor responder. Our last two clinics after each cycle said we need to use donor eggs they were such a bust. My antral follicle count is three. we've been doing timed intercourse for two years. I had one surgery to remove ovarian cyst when I was pregnant with ds because it looked malignant. I had another surgery on the other ovary (it had a normal looking endometrioma) because the surgeon said it would make me more fertile to take it off and he promised it wouldnt affect my ovarian reserve. He took off more than half my ovary with the cyst and my ob who assisted was the one that told me he did a horrible job, she didn't know what he was doing and she was really sorry. She was right, my antral follicle count went from 12 to 3 and has not gotten better in a year. He cut into the other ovary too. Biggest mistake of my life.

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

You were a poor responder to the protocols the other REs did....

August 24 2012, 6:39 PM 

But you may not be a poor responder to Dr. Ch-eck's protocols. BUT... Dr. Ch-eck also likes to experiment - try different things... so only way to know is by giving it a shot...

Keep diligent records and keep the nurse posted as to when you started ethinyl... and see what happens...

Keep us posted... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: I don't think so....

August 24 2012, 6:21 PM 

Also sorry to hear you are having a hard time too!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Starting to take Ethinel E2 on Day four because of miscommunication.is this cycle a bust?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement