<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

retrieval today and it didn't go so well

September 11 2012 at 3:18 PM
Buddirup  (no login)

Hey all, I went in today for my retrieval, excited this was the one. We were doing a natural cycle and had 2 follicles in my last u/s (19 and 14). So, really just one probable and one possible but this was my best cycle so far (2 was the most I've ever gotten!). Turns out I found out afterwards the larger one ovulated and the smaller was retrieved. We did an iui just in case and my doctor recommends bd'ing tonight just in case. Do you think I have any hope?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Shayna
(no login)

September 12 2012, 10:51 AM 

I'm a bit of a newbie so I don't really know much but I think a consistent theme on this board has been "you never know" and "it can't hurt to try." It wasn't clear from your post when your last u/s was before the ER/IUI/BD, so not clear how much time passed, which could be relevant re: how large the smaller follicle (14) was by the time they got it? Regardless, just wanted to say you are not alone and to acknowledge your post, as I hate to see un-responded-to posts. Good luck and my best wishes.

Respond to this message   
Buddircup
(no login)

thanks

September 12 2012, 11:36 AM 

Thanks Shayna, you are so sweet. I heard today that it did fertilize so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! : ) My last ultrasound was Sunday and then I triggered that night.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: retrieval today and it didn't go so well

September 14 2012, 1:11 PM 

I think there is hope for the larger egg that ovulated. It only takes one.

Respond to this message   
Buddircup
(no login)

thanks

September 17 2012, 2:49 PM 

Thanks for your kindness! The egg has made it to blast but I'll find out tomorrow (Tues) if it was frozen (at the end of the day Monday). Hopefully I will have good news and it's been good to keep my mind off the 2ww! Just trying to stay positive.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement