<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clomid question

September 30 2012 at 5:40 PM
Shayna  (no login)

I'm on my 3d cycle of clomid/IUI. This cycle I am doing accupuncture & wheatgrass. This is the first of the 3 cycles where I had more than 1 follicle, both were large (26 and 24) on O day (one right, one left). This is probably a dumb question, but these results probably mean I won't be a great responder if this cycle is BFN and we move on to Gonal F injections + IUI, right? (DH wants to check all of the boxes before proceeding to IVF). TIA.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
GreenEggsNHam
(Login GreenEggsNHam)

PG/child ment - Dose and protocol matter especially for poor responders

September 30 2012, 7:17 PM 

Perhaps, another lady on the board will have some personal experience with clomid cycles, but here are my thoughts:

It depends on what dose of clomid you are on. Presumably, some doctors aim for only 1 or 2 follicles and give a dose low enough to make that possible. I looked at the package insert (PI) and the incidence of multiple births for the described clinical trial was less than 8% so if your RE was merely following the PI- 1 or 2 follicles make sense.

I don't understand why your next cycle would only include FSH which is what Gonal F is. My protocols have always included at least some FSH+LH such as Menopur plus FSH such as Gonal F. High FSHer's are also typically primed/suppressed at the beginning of a cycle with an estrogen patch,bc, etc.

Some ladies find success with an injectible IUI cycle. I had a chemical with an injectible IUI cycle. Also, even if you are a poor responder that doesn't mean you won't get a BFP.

Do you know why DH wants to check all the boxes before going to IVF? Is it cost? Which makes total sense to me. However, if you have insurance that covers IVF, I'm not sure why you would want to wait if you have high FSH. Personally, we regret not having sought greater clinical intervention early on. We got married when I was 35 and we didn't TTC until I was 36. I am now 39 and we haven't had a child yet. Both DH and I regret every wasted minute not seeking the most aggressive treatment for our IF. I hope and pray it works out for us...

Respond to this message   
Shayna
(no login)

Re: PG/child ment - Dose and protocol matter especially for poor responders

October 1 2012, 2:00 PM 

I'm on 100 mg, days 4-9. I am not sure that the RE won't prescribe somehting in addition to the Gonal - we just did the Gonal approval through the health insurance so that I would know for sure that the injectables would be covered by insurance. I'm not covered by insurance for IVF, and my DH is reluctant to do IVF (I'm working on it), so we are checking the boxes in part to give him comfort that we tried other less invasive options. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Shayna
(no login)

Also

October 1 2012, 2:04 PM 

Best of luck to you as well. We got married at 31 but didn't start TTC until 36. If only I knew at 32 what I know now....................

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement