Nadia  (no login)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Laura
(no login)

Re: Is there a point for a Pofer like me to get AMH tested? Nt

October 6 2012, 10:21 AM 

Hi Nadia,

Glad to see you're back! My original dx was premature menopause/POF. However, AF came back naturally, but then was horribly irregular and painful. After having 3 AF in about 6 wk time RE started me on e2 and monitored until I ovulated that cycle on CD17. CD3 FSH that cycle was 22. The 2 wk-long cycle before that it was 10.3. The cycle I was on e2 I got pg, but then mc'ed twins at 9 wk. 2 cycles later I got pg again.

I wasn't on any other drugs, just e2.

As for the AMH, from what I've read it's not that helpful of a test. It might be a good indicator of how many resting follies you have left, but I don't think it's a good indicator of how well you will respond to meds.

take care!

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Barge to Laura - Question regarding e2

October 6 2012, 12:12 PM 

I'm sorry to barge in but was interested in what you said, Laura. Quick question, when is e2 supplementation beneficial? I have read of other people doing this and wonder if this is something I might benefit from. Thanks for any info! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

My e2 was super low.

October 6 2012, 6:22 PM 

It was well below 20 on the cycle that I ovulated. The cycle before that my e2 on CD3 was 22 and in CD 12 was 7. 7...mid-cycle. My RE didn't seem alarmed but he was just like, well, you clearly need some estrogen. So next cycle we'll try some to see if we can get you to ovulate.

The way he explained it was that having low e2 is like a vicious cycle. You need e2 to support follicle growth, and maturing follies also produce e2 in order to recruit and support more follies, so the fact that I barely had any e2 to start meant I didn't have enough to support any follie recruitment. He said he just wanted to see if I could get any follies to grow first and that month I had 4 by the time I ovulated on CD17. I only had one the cycle before that with my normal FSH and I didn't ovulate that time.

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Thanks, Laura! Sorry for the barge (Nadia) but another quick e2 question

October 7 2012, 10:50 AM 

Thanks so much for the information! I don't even know if I ever had my e2 tested. I am looking back at old test results and just see Estradiol testing done on CD3. What cycle day do you think it is best to test this on?

Thanks again!

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

E2 is estradiol

October 7 2012, 3:42 PM 

Its good to test on cd3 along with FSH but it's also useful to test about 8 days later before you expect ovulation so you can see if it's rising. It will tank the day after ovulation so you should follow with OPK to make sure you don't ovulate before getting tested. In my case it was pretty clear that my low e2 was causing my FSH to be high.

Respond to this message   
Nadia
(no login)

@brewewsfan. ;) <3. Nt

October 7 2012, 11:20 PM 

Respond to this message   
BrewersFan
(Login voxfan)

Thank you, Laura and Nadia! Very interesting! n/t

October 8 2012, 4:31 PM 

Respond to this message   
Nadia
(no login)

Laura.. What was the dosage? Did u take breaks?

October 7 2012, 11:19 PM 

I currently take 4mg of e2 for 11 days then 4mg e2 ane e2 fir 10 days. I take a break then get a bleed.

I was gonna ask doc if I should just keep taking e2 throughout.

But.. Wow ..u were pof.. U found a good re . Thank you Laura.

Nadia

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

1 mg daily.

October 8 2012, 10:18 PM 

Like I said, I got pg the cycle that I started the e2 so I don't really know how the cycle would have finished. He started me on a low dose just to get an extra boost. He said I was like a car with a dead battery that needed a jump-start. I took 1 mg estrace daily from cd 3- cd17 and stopped after o was confirmed. My RE didn't dx me as POF, in fact he said the Ob who said that should "go back to medical school." he dxed me as low e2 from Bcp over suppression. He said my Bcp was doing too good of a job at suppressing ovulation that my ovaries just stopped working altogether. It was temporary but could have been complicated by dor as well. I just don't know bc I only was monitored for 2 cycles, only 1 medicated. I hope this helps!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement