<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nancy

October 8 2012 at 2:14 PM
MargieD  (no login)

So, what's the plan? Doing IVF this month? Baseline turn out ok?

Thinking of you!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nancy
(no login)

Awww Thanks! :)

October 9 2012, 9:38 AM 

Hi MargieD! Thanks so much for thinking of me! I am going to get my baseline tomorrow, I am so nervousso I will be starting IVF#3 very shortly! I ended up continuing to take BCPs to suppress so I really hope it helped to keep FSH down and prevent any other lovely cysts from forming. I have had some weird pains, so hopefully they dont see anything strange tomorrow.

Hope your day goes well! Hugs to you!

Nancy

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Crazy how baselines make us nervous, isn't it??

October 10 2012, 3:25 AM 

Also wanted to say that I wouldn't put much stock into those pains. I've had them on my right ovary the last couple of days and every time I go for a check up - there's NOTHING there... follicles too small to measure and not even growing.... ugh....

Anyway - keep us posted! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Nancy
(no login)

Hi!

October 12 2012, 10:10 AM 

I know! I was a bundle of nerves when I went in, since I was on BCP for about 6 weeks, I was worried what they'd see. I saw Houston's post about developing a follicle while on BCP and that fact that Ethyinl doesn't always keep my FSH down too low, and so I was worried happy.gif

At any rate, I was thoroughly astounded to see that my FSH was really low after the BCPs, a mere 2.2! (my highest to my knowledge has been 15.7 on CD3 and it's usually borderline on CD3). My AFC at this baseline had dropped to 2, but I have had that before (it's been as high as 8-9, but varies between 4-6 usually) and I know it's probably from the BCPs. I am so curious to see if my response is any different after being thoroughly suppressed and I hope to see more follicles pop up! The ones I had at baseline were all on the side where I just had the cyst removed, and am 0/2 due at ER on that side to empty follicle, so I am nervous if these are the ones that grow, will they actually get anything out of them??? So now something new to worry about, it's always something right?

Hugs to you!

Nancy

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Hmm... maybe....

October 12 2012, 10:57 AM 

Maybe with your low FSH, you'll respond to injectibles better and more follicles will grow/pop out of no where.

You know - in theory - having only two follicles with a low FSH of 2.2 makes a lot of sense. This means you don't have enough FSH for the follicles to grow at all... and thus - waiting for your FSH to go up would help...

I thought having an empty follicle meant that there was a follicle - just that they couldn't flush them out. Am I not wrong?

And by the way - if you are with Coopers - my understanding is that you can do 3 or 4 monitorings and not have to pay the OOT fee. In other words - if you try two or three more monitorings and decide to cancel the cycle, they don't charge you for OOT monitoring. (You might want to confirm with Coopers on the maximum number before you get charged.)

Good luck! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Nancy
(no login)

Re: Hmm... maybe....

October 12 2012, 11:25 AM 

Thanks so much for that info! I am going to ask them when I talk to them next about not getting charged for OOT if you cancel up to that limit you mention (3-4 times?). I guess I will see what my next u/s and b/w show.

Yeah, youre right about the empty follicleit just means that they couldnt flush anything out (confusing term isnt it!). In my case, they cant agree on whats happening, if its because its not mature enough yet, or if its bad quality, improper trigger, or improper stims. I tend to think its either 1 or 2, because during IVF #2 I had a 23mm follicle that wasnt mature at ER, and the 21mm was empty. The 23mm one matured later and fertilized into a 7 cell w/ zero frag. For IVF #1, I only had one follicle, and they couldnt get anything out. And both time these empties were on the left. I also found out that I was cauterized during my cyst removal surgery, they originally told me that I wasnt so of course now I am worried about possible damage from that.

And yeah, that makes sense too about the AFC count related to FSH, I almost fell off my chair when I saw it was 2.2, but then had to remind myself it was rigged to be low due to the BCP happy.gif

Thanks again for thinking of me!

Nancy

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement