<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RE Appointment Tomorrow

December 27 2015 at 8:58 AM
Nonny Muss  (Login NonnyMuss)

I am 34 years old and have my first appointment with an RE tomorrow. When I called my OB to get my day 3 FSH results from February faxed over, they were a 10.3. I had her test me back in February to see if I could wait six months before TTC a second child and she told me that everything looked fine. Now I've come to see that 10.3 is elevated and I'm concerned it will have only gone higher in the past 10 months! We started trying in August and I conceived in November, but miscarried within a week (chemical?).

I've been reading this forum trying to educate myself. Houston, your comments have been particularly helpful. I saw you mention the importance of following a protocol that will not harm your remaining eggs and vaguely remember something being mentioned about the outside of the egg hardening with some medication making it difficult for the sperm to penetrate and fertilize it. Can you explain further? I want to be armed with all the information I can gather for tomorrow as we develop a plan.

I'm located in the NYC area, so if I don't like the RE I meet with tomorrow, I am open to transferring to Dr. Davis or someone else, provided that take my insurance.

Any help is appreciated!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: RE Appointment Tomorrow

December 27 2015, 8:58 PM 

Check out CNY Fertility for low cost mini IVF cycles.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Ignore this

December 28 2015, 3:14 AM 

Respond to this message   
KarenGH
(Login krgh)

Don't panic

December 30 2015, 10:28 AM 

Your FSH isn't really all that bad, in my opinion. Plus you are relatively young. Do you have your estradiol levels from the same day as the FSH test? You really need to have both to evaluate the FSH. And in my opinion, the LH is important as well, but most docs don't do a CD3 LH test.

Respond to this message   
Nonny Muss
(Login NonnyMuss)

Thanks

January 9 2016, 11:29 AM 

Thanks Karen. I had them redraw my levels on Day 3 (FSH, E2 and AMH) of my LMP and the FSH was down to 8 and change. I'm not sure what my E2 was, but the RE said she wasn't too concerned about those two FSH numbers. In addition, when the AMH came back (it took longer) it was normal.

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

Re: RE Appointment Tomorrow

January 2 2016, 9:34 AM 

Sorry for not responding sooner I haven't been checking the forum much over the holidays. Your FSH is very mildly elevated. I had a similar test my very first FSH reading. With that level, I would move forward with a protocol for poor responders and not worry to much about no fertilization like I had unless you have problems with your first cycle.

I think that lots of meds tends to hurt the quality of the eggs and can lead to poor or no fertilization, but this is usually seen at higher FSH levels than yours (mine was actually higher than 10 but just hadn't tested higher until the middle of my first cycle).

I think a MDL or estrogen priming mid stim protocol would be very appropriate at this stage. If you have problems with egg quality with your first IVF, I would then consider the low dose protocols that I am a fan of using. I just think it's wise to seek more eggs with your FSH level at this point. Unfortunately, you won't know if your like me and have eggs severely impacted by the IVF meds until you go through a cycle.

Respond to this message   
Nonny Muss
(Login NonnyMuss)

Thanks Houston

January 9 2016, 11:33 AM 

Thanks for your response Houston.

Since my last post, I got the results from my newest CD3 draw. FSH was down to 8 and change (I was worried it had gone up in the past 8 months) and the AMH was normal. Right now we are doing just a monitored cycle. I have been going every 3 days up to ovulation and they do an ultrasound and bloodwork (E2, LH, and PG). So far, although my ovulation is later than it typically is this month, everything has looked normal. We have a consult with the RE on Monday to plan our next steps. If the timed intercourse didn't work this month, I am supposed to go for an HSG (saline sono was normal) and hubby for an SA.

Can you tell me what MD stands for?

Thanks for all your help!

Respond to this message   
Kendall
(no login)

Re: Thanks Houston

January 11 2016, 7:39 AM 

MDL stands for Microdose Lupron.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement