<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

There is hope!

May 15 2016 at 8:18 PM
Susanna  (Login thereshope)

So I want to post because I spent a lot of years reading your posts for support as I tried to get pregnant. Here I sit on the other side having just had, not my first, but my SECOND, biological child at 45 years old - also after having been told I would never have a child "using my own eggs". And I did. Twice. I had my first at 41 on my third round of IVF and my second using a frozen embryo we made when I was 42 after many many more rounds. Each retrieval, we never ever got more than one egg. ONE. But as Dr Check says, all it takes is one egg. Keep at it women. My sisters in this. We also adopted our son during this process whom we had fostered since birth. And we are foster parents now to a baby we are praying we will soon be ours forever as well. Fostering helped me to lessen the pressure of IVF knowing I would end up a mom one way or another. And Dr. Check and his team were my miracle workers, never ever giving up on me. I hope this post offers at least one of you the hope to keep going. I actually had a gyn say to me early in the process during a miscarriage, that he didn't know why I was bothering since I could get pregnant ten times but would never have a baby using my own eggs. I am tempted to send him a pic of my beautiful kids, but I'd rather spend my energy here spreading a message of hope. So keep on keepin on mamas to be!!! I believe God gave you the desire, so that he can fulfill it. Just stay open to what that looks like and be patient and persistent!!! With much love and understanding. I'm saying prayers for all of you:))❤️❤️❤️

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JC
(no login)

Re: There is hope!

May 16 2016, 5:26 AM 

May I ask how many embryos did you bank at age 42 and what's the quality of embryos such as 6-8 cells on day 3 or blast on day 5 for your success cycle.
Congratulation. I am 43, start to transfer embryos I banked between 41-42.

Respond to this message   
Buddircup
(no login)

Congrats

May 16 2016, 9:40 AM 

That is wonderful news and thanks for coming back to update. happy.gif Reading stories like yours really helped me during my dark times and allowed me to escape reality and have hope when it was most needed.

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

Re: There is hope!

May 20 2016, 8:00 AM 

Congrats! I think it is some important to come back and post stories of success to give others hope in the same situation. Thanks for posting!

Respond to this message   
Dora
(no login)

why frozen embryo and not fresh?

May 28 2016, 5:39 PM 

Congratulations
just wondering if you were doing banking as Dr Check is an advocate of fresh transfers

Best
Dora

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement