<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS)

May 19 2016 at 8:59 AM
LROSE  (Login LED1215)

I am gearing up to start IVF in June. Could use a little help and guidance...

Some background (possible MENTS):

I am 35 and have been TTC #2 for approx. 1 year. Had fairly easy time conceiving #1 (who is 2.5), but did have some testing done and all was ok (AMH was in the 2's I believe). After having testing done for #2 more recently at new RE here were my #'s:

AMH: 1.52
FSH: 8.6
AFC: has always been between 12-20

After my first failed Clomid/IUI cycle, my FSH jumped to 15 (this was about 3 weeks after taking Clomid). Has anyone else had this happen? Since then it's been 10 and below. My doc said it was encouraging that I had a good response to Clomid (though did not work) and he didn't necessarily feel my reserve was that low, also based on AMH and AFC. That being said, I am still very concerned about that high FSH.

Has anyone had any experience with a moderately high FSH with all other numbers within normal range? I can't seem to find much information on this situation- it seems that it is less common.

I am currently on short course of BCP (last month did 13 days and they didn't suppress me, plus had a E2 producing cyst). My baseline a few days ago was E2- 38, FSH- 10, AFC- 12 (my lowest to date). Then starting 150 iu Menopur and 225 iu Gonal-F and will then use Ganirelix. Does this sound like a typical protocol?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Houston
(no login)

Re: Starting IVF.... advice from veterans (possible MENTS)

May 20 2016, 8:05 AM 

What was your estrogen when you had the lower FSH reading? I ask because high estrogen can suppress FSH. I had at one point normal FSH readings (or sort of, about 10, once even 5, but had a very high reading on my Clomid Challenge test). I had very low reserve, and ultimately ended up having much higher FSH readings. My AMH was much lower than yours though (.4 initially, then .28)

It sounds like you may have decreasing reserve, but not that bad. Your AMH seems good, which is encouraging. Your protocol I have not used, but it is lower dose, which I am a fan of using. Based on your higher FSH reading, the BCP may suppress you, but your reading was not that high, so I believe it is appropriate to use them your first go around to see. For me, BCP were the only things that worked to suppress cyst.

It sounds like you will not really know how you will respond until you give it a try. I would just make sure that your doctors lab is really great. If you have trouble the first time around, I would make sure your doc treats poor responders.

Respond to this message   
LED1215
(Login LED1215)

May 20 2016, 11:45 AM 

Hi,

My estrogen was 58 for my initial FSH level.

Also, a note about the birth control- I was on it for 13 days last month (with intention to do a May cycle) and I was told it didn't suppress me at all! Is that normal?

I got my day 3 results earlier this week- E2 was 38, AFC 12 and FSH 10. They wanted to me to move forward with BCP for one week and then retest. I am concerned that with the FSH at 10 it's kind of high to start. If doc recommends waiting, I have been told we could roll right into estrogen priming for following month. Anyone have experience with this?

Respond to this message   
LROSE
(Login LED1215)

Above posted was me

May 20 2016, 12:41 PM 

I forgot my username!

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

May 23 2016, 7:26 AM 

I absolutely would not wait to cycle based on your FSH level. None of my docs even tested it prior to starting because they did not feel it had an impact on the actual cycle. I have read some that do test, but I personally think it is not beneficial. Plus, an FSH level of 10 is just the cut off for what people consider high.

Respond to this message   
may
(Login Mrs.MC)

Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery

June 7 2016, 10:33 PM 

Hi I'm May 32 years old.I have consulted doctors and gave me 2 options in my case I have bilateral partially blocke fallopian tubes and hydrosalphinx surgery and ivf.I made quick decision to do the ivf because i'm afraid to run out of time and decrease my success rate on ivf.so then I am schedule to removed my fallopian tubes this june 4 because of the hydrosalphinx that will affect but now i'm debating should I let them remove both or keep the other with slighly hydro? I'm schedule for the laboraties but this decision regarding removal of my fallopian tube is botherring me.if my laboratory test all goes well I will start IVF pro edure thsi July after the surgery..

Respond to this message   
may
(Login Mrs.MC)

Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery

June 7 2016, 10:34 PM 

Hi I'm May 32 years old.I have consulted doctors and gave me 2 options in my case I have bilateral partially blocke fallopian tubes with hydrosalphinx ...options: surgery Or IVF.I made quick decision to do the ivf because i'm afraid to run out of time and decrease my success rate on ivf.so then I am schedule to removed my fallopian tubes this june 4 because of the hydrosalphinx that will affect but now i'm debating should I let them remove both or keep the other with slighly hydro? I'm schedule for the laboraties but this decision regarding removal of my fallopian tube is botherring me.if my laboratory test all goes well I will start IVF pro edure thsi July after the surgery..

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

Re: Schedule for hydrosalphinx surgery

June 8 2016, 7:48 AM 

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but you will likely get more responses if you post it under its own thread as I am afraid it will go unnoticed by most here.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement