<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What can I expect with a fertility doctor next week?

August 24 2016 at 9:39 PM
Sara  (Login spesmatri)

I took a blood test last week to give myself some information. And now, the fertility doctor might be able to see me sooner than November, and I'm not as prepared as I ought to be.

I'm 43 and here are the results.

AMH 4.67
FSH 8 on day 2, was 5 in May on day 3
DHEA 74
Prolactin 13.3

So I know I'm really old to be thinking of a second child. I have to give it a shot this year, as this may be yet.

What should I be asking the doctor? What can I expect during the first appointment?

I'm planning for an IVF with PGS or PGD or whichever is the one that most people do.

I have more blood results if that helps.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Butterfly
(Login butterfly1000)

Re: What can I expect with a fertility doctor next week?

August 25 2016, 4:26 PM 

Just wanted to say that MENTS I got pregnant with my DD#2 at age 43 years and 9 months. It is said that you need to use lower doses for IVF after 40. Also it is better to transfer on
Day 3 so PGS or PGD can not be done. We have no regrets on that score.

B

Respond to this message   
Buddircup
(no login)

Hmmm

August 31 2016, 10:14 AM 

Well first of all I think your fsh numbers look great! Your AMH is throwing me off because it actually seems abnormally high or maybe you are not in the US and I'm unfamiliar with how it's written. I'm not really sure what ideal
Dhea or prolactin numbers are so no help there unfortunately. What is your E2 level?

You will likely get an antral follicle count (afc) done. That's so important. Also I'm not sure I would agree with PGD and feel like maybe you are getting a little ahead of yourself. That for me would very much depend on how many eggs were retrieved (and a good indicator of that is based on your afc). Budget is a comsideration for some-it's expensive. There is also at least one study that shows one might discard a potential take home baby that would self correct after the test is done. Now there are some the test is perfectly suited for. In my opinion that would be someone looking to avoid passing on genetic problems, someone who has many embryos and this is a great tool for selecting the likely better possibilities and also of course someone that has suffered from many miscarriages.

Keep us posted and take some time to consider your options before committing to a particular course of treatment.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement