<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

High FSH and LH, HELP??

September 7 2016 at 4:11 AM
Aleksa  (no login)

Hi, Husband and I have been TTC for a little over 2 years now.. last year my doctor told me all was fine with my hormones, I moved and tried with a new doctor this year, who is much more on top of things. She told me my FSH and LH is very high.

I was tested on day of Ovulation. LH 122.5 mIU/ml and FSH 57.9

Estradiol, ovary size, all other hormones, everything else is fine, and charting and ovulation kits claim I ovulate every month, regular cycles, normal length luetal phase. What can this mean? And is it possible to concieve naturally?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Houston
(no login)

Re: High FSH and LH, HELP??

September 7 2016, 8:00 AM 

I am not an expert on the LH by any means, but I would have testing done on day 3 of your cycle. I also think you should have an antral follicle count done. Most important with trying to conceive is your age. How old are you? Are you seeing an RE? It is possible to conceive with high FSH, there are tons of success stories on here. I think you need a little more info. Have you had your AMH tested? If not, you may want to do this also.

Respond to this message   
Buddircup
(no login)

I think you need more testing before worrying

September 7 2016, 11:26 AM 

I've heard many times your fsh number doesn't mean very much when it's not tested on about days 2 or 3 (or up to day 5) of your cycle. your LH very high indicates you are ovulating -that's not surprising really.

Before you let yourself get upset it would be very much worth getting your E2, FSH and LH tested on day 3 of your cycle and also as Houston mentions an antral follicle count (by ultrasound). AMH test could be done anytime and isn't a bad idea either.

Best of luck to you.

Respond to this message   
ekb88
(Login ekb88)

go see a Reproductive Endocrinologist

October 3 2016, 10:21 AM 

Your fsh should be tested on day 3 of your cycle. I don't think there's much meaning on the result from day of ovulation testing. An RE will be much more helpful to you at this point than a regular ob/gyn.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement