<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

POF/POI success stories??

April 11 2017 at 2:08 PM
SugaBoogie  (Login SugaBoogie)

Hi all,

I got the devastating POI diagnosis about a month ago, and suspected I could've had this about 3-6 months prior to my diagnosis. I am currently 37 and have tried to get pregnant for almost 2 years. In April 2015, my labs were great, HSG was normal, AMH was 3.8 ng/mL, FSH 7 mIU/mL, estradiol 69 pg/mL. Until August 2016, I had normal periods (27-29 days). But over the last 6 months my periods have become increasing irregular (43 days, 49 days, 32 days, etc). I took Provera to induce a bleed and had a period at around 57 days.

Last month, my antral follicle count was low, 3 eggs in one ovary and 1 in the other. Day 3 labs showed my FSH was 62 mIU/mL, AMH is 0.4 ng/mL, and estrogen is 55 ng/mL. I do have a history of an autoimmune condition (nonspecific or mixed connective tissue disorder) but it hasn’t been active in almost 10 years and in the past it never caused symptoms like this before. The RE is puzzled because she's never seen a case like mine where fertility declines so rapidly in 6 months.

Around Feb 2017, I started acupuncture, acupressure, meditation and taking Chinese herbs from the acupuncturist. In mid-March, one of my follicles started growing! I did an IUI with and ovidrel trigger shot and we washed DH's sperm last week. I'm in my TWW and I pray to God it worked. But on the off chance it doesn't work, what hope do I have if I want to use my eggs?

Like you all here, I'm devastated by this news and searching for a good supportive network. All my friends have kids and/or pregnant. I feel so embarassed and ashamed of my POI. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I am. I can't bear to tell anyone else about what's going on.

I'm so glad I came across this website. DH and I are considering going to NY to see Dr. Braverman and Reproductive Immunologist to help to get us pregnant with my eggs. Has anyone ever been a patient of his? We are from Northern Ca, but are willing to travel to see anyone who can help us.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SugaBoogie
(Login SugaBoogie)

Re: POF/POI success stories??

April 11 2017, 2:10 PM 

Oh and if anyone has been successful getting pregnant, what protocols did you use for you High FSH, low AMH? Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

success mentioned

April 13 2017, 11:04 AM 

Good luck with this cycle! I suspect your FSH was elevated when you previously had it tested as your estrogen was a little elevated. If your estrogen was elevated, it would have artificially pushed your FSH lower.

I had an FSH of 32 a little over two years before I had success at the age of 36--just shy of 37. My AFC was lower than yours, and I think that is more predictive than FSH levels. Plus, your AMH is not that bad (mine was .4 when I had success when I was 32, it was .28 when I had success the second time around).

In my experience, the thing that seems to help with people with very high FSH is low dose protocols. I feel the higher dose protocols do not result in more eggs and it seems to adversely impact the quality. I ended up doing a low dose protocol (one used by Dr. Davis at Cornell) of 75 mg of menopur daily. It was a MDL and estrogen priming protocol. I actually responded with only one egg, so I cancelled the cycle, but still took the trigger shot. I ended up getting pregnant without IVF that cycle. It seems to me a lot of times doing a low dose protocol with a trigger shot and IUI is best for people with real high FSH.

I don't have experience with Braverman, just Davis. I am a huge fan of Davis' protocols. I used a modified version of his protocol and had Dr. Jason Griffith at Houston Fertility Institute make changes to it. He add growth hormone as well. I was also taking coQ10 and high doses of Vitamin D at the time of success. I don't know if they had an impact or not.

I would also post on the over 40 board because it is more active (you don't really have to be over 40 to post).

Have you thought about seeing Dr. Y at Life? I don't have personal experience with him, but I read numerous stories on the over 40 board about him and he is in CA.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(Login SugaBoogie)

Thank you!

April 13 2017, 2:23 PM 

Hi,

I'm still waiting to test for this cycle, so I hope and pray it was successful. But if it isn't, thank you for this info. I have not heard of Dr. Davis or Dr. Y. Is Dr. Davis in NY as well? I've read a lot of women on this forum have used his protocols and they were successful. I'm still trying to navigate options and only heard of Braverman.

I did read that low dose protocols work better for women with high FSH levels and when I had my consultation with Braverman, he did mention that he would do a lose dose protocol on me. My RE here wants to up my meds (Femara 10mg) and another trigger shot for another IUI if this cycle isn't' successful. I'm not interested in upping my meds and diminishing my egg quality though. I too take Ubiquinol (coQ10), vitamin D and a few other supplements.

Thank so you much for your response and sharing your positive success in achieving pregnancies! I really appreciate the info and will look into Drs. Davis and Y!

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

Re: Thank you!

April 17 2017, 1:22 PM 

Dr. Davis is at Cornell. He has very good protocols for poor responders.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

Great info, thank you Houston

April 17 2017, 2:22 PM 

Hi Houston,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you did to get pregnant. I reached out to Life IVF and Hanabusa IVF both in Southern CA. Based on the protocols and SART data, DH and I are leaning towards Life IVF though. I think the RE will be able to put me on a protocol similar to what you did (based on what I read on their website). I really appreciate you taking the time to share what you did for your pregnancy success and give me some helpful info. It means a lot happy.gif.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

April 13 2017, 11:07 AM 

Your in for a long road with your stats. Glad you have the resources to explore. If in a year no luck maybe consider donor egg good luck.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

???

April 13 2017, 2:05 PM 

Your response is so rude! Why say something that is hurtful and negative? It seems like you want to stir the pot, especially since you're using an anonymous login,

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: ???

April 13 2017, 6:49 PM 

I would not consider it rude, I am not one to sugarcaot if your looking for realistic information. Again good luck.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

Whatever

April 14 2017, 7:17 AM 

Ok but you did not even provide any helpful info, so why even bother with a response? I did not ask for sugarcoating, I asked for any successes, which you failed to provide on all accounts. Your responses are just negative.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Whatever

April 14 2017, 9:07 AM 

I am sorry your not happy with my response, will see if you get many success stories.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

Ok you hateful wich

April 14 2017, 10:09 AM 

Why don't you go troll somewhere else bitch

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Ok you hateful wich

April 14 2017, 2:49 PM 

Sad for you.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

???

April 17 2017, 6:48 AM 

No sad for you because your a troll

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

???

April 14 2017, 10:11 AM 

Oh and proofread your responses. It's "you're" not "your." We'll see how successful you are trolling other people on this forum.

Respond to this message   
Houston
(no login)

April 17 2017, 1:24 PM 

Yes, there is a constant troll on both boards that points people to donor eggs. Just ignore...they probably work for a clinic or something specializing in donor eggs.

Respond to this message   
SugaBoogie
(no login)

April 17 2017, 2:23 PM 

Yes, I've seen on other posts her remarks to others so I'm not feeding into that. There are just evil people in this world, so no point in bothering with someone so stupid. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Kay
(Login K39)

April 28 2017, 5:58 PM 

Hi, I don't have a success story, but just wanted to respond to your comment "All my friends have kids and/or pregnant. I feel so embarassed and ashamed of my POI. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I am.". I understand how this feels, I am going through this at the moment myself and it hurts A LOT. I have pretty much shut myself off from the world.

I was thinking the other day that I wouldn't look down on anyone else going through this awful situation - I wouldn't think that they were a failure, or that they lacked femininity, or that they were less of a person etc. I wouldn't pity them - I would empathise with their situation - but not pity like there was something wrong with them, because there isn't. I would just feel for them and...for the people I do know that are going through something similar to us...I think the world is a lesser place for them struggling to have children because I know that they would be such incredible mothers. But for some reason, I feel so ashamed of myself. I wonder if we all feel this way?

Respond to this message   
Kay
(Login K39)

April 28 2017, 5:59 PM 

Here for you if you ever want to chat x

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement