<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Experiences with DHEA

April 28 2017 at 5:47 PM
Kay  (Login K39)

I was just wondering if anyone has had supplemented with DHEA and noticed changes in their cycle?

I started taking DHEA last cycle (50 mg micronised). Based on by BBT charts, last cycle I ovulated day 13 with a luteal phase of 13 days.

This cycle I ovulated on day 14 and was expecting a 27 or 28 day cycle, so was surprised when my temperatures fell and I started bleeding last night 8 dpo (i.e. 22 day cycle).

I had a series of short cycles late last year (23-24 days) and I was not charting my BBT at the time, but based on OPKs I suspect it was a shorter follicular phase that was causing the short cycles, not the luteal phase.

I am now wondering if I should have had my DHEA tested before I started taking it? When I asked my RE about DHEA, she said "there was no evidence that it works but I could try it if I wanted to" but did not suggest blood testing first.

I had blood tests of all my hormones undertaken yesterday, which unfortunately I thought would provide me with information on my mid luteal phase progesterone level, but now as it turns out was the end of my cycle.

I am seeing a practitioner in orthomolecular medicine to had blood tests to look at all of my hormone levels, including thyroid.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement