<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

High FSH

June 10 2017 at 3:35 PM
Mini   (Login Minimay)

Hello, just wondering if I could ask for some advice please...

I'm new to this site so sorry if this has been asked lots of times before. My husband and I have recently had some fertility tests done as we have been ttc for over a year. I was told my FSH is high at 13. Everything else is normal I'm told. I'm really scared that this means we may never be able to conceive naturally and nobody will offer us IVF because my count is too high. Has anyone else been told this? Feel heartbroken. I'm only 31. My husband has been told he has a low sperm count.
Thank you.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Houston
(no login)

success mentioned

June 12 2017, 7:56 AM 

Your FSH really is not that high. There are tons of people in your shoes that have had success. What your number tells you is that you need an RE that specializes in poor responders, that you need a protocol that is specific for poor responders, and that you should absolutely consider embryo banking if you plan on having more than 1 child. If you are up for travel, CCRM and Life are good options for IVF for poor responders. 2 totally different approaches, but with an FSH like yours and your age, CCRM would probably be excellent. Please post on the over 40 board because it has so much more activity and you do not need to be over 40.

As for success, when I was 32, I was diagnosed with a high FSH of 18. Others said they suspected it was actually much higher based on my poor antral follicle count, but just not tested that high. I had success on my second round of IVF, which I did at CCRM after a horrible local cycle where I had zero embryos fertilize.

When I was 37, I had success again with an FSH of 32 that has been tested 2 years prior. No telling how high my FSH really was at that point. So, do not be discouraged, but know that it is best to be extremely proactive, set up appointments with multiple docs, and always have your backup plan in place. Also, don't be discouraged by docs who turn away those with high FSH, they turn away lots of people just to keep their success stats up.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: High FSH

June 12 2017, 9:11 AM 

CNY Fertility center in New York will let you try and is low cost. Dr. Hutchinson in Tucson will let you try and is low cost these are just a couple of examples.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement