When cutting and pasting from news sources, remember to acknowledge your source.

Next Topic >>Return to PNG News Board  

I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE OF 'MANGI BLO PLES' AIRLINES

February 17 2012 at 4:04 PM
For our PNG "flying kabubu", Mr E Wartot 

Economic realities dictate that 'mangi blo ples' airlines was a stupid idea that no sane financial institution would ever lend money to. Of course NASFUND did, but only after the government, via corrupt people like Wartoto, got the government to guarantee repayment of the loan.

Airlines that fit the current airline industry economic realities far far better than the flying Wartoto have been failing. Here's the latest example..... there is no doubt that this is the fate of 'mangi blo ples' airlines and we, the taxpayers will be footing the bill while fugitive from justice, Mr E "the fat kabubu" Wartoto" continues to live the good life in Cairns, probably using up what's left of the K10 million loan that WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR IN THE END!!

Passengers stranded for days as Air Australia goes bust

Georgia Wilkins February 17, 2012

Thousands left without flights
300 Air Australia staff stood down
Company unable to pay for fuel
Questions about when the company went broke
No flights in the 'short to medium term'
Turbulence that brought down an airline
No way home as passengers wait on news
Matt O'Sullivan's analysis: Customers jettisoned again

It will take days for the 4000 people stranded by the collapse of Brisbane-based budget carrier Air Australia to make their own way home. The airline went into administration today.

Many passengers will arrive over the weekend but even with Qantas, Jetstar and other airlines helping out, some are unlikely to make it back until early in the week.

Administrators say they will work through the weekend to try to find a "white knight" to save the airline.

Most of the airline's 300 staff have been stood down as about 4000 passengers were left to search for alternative flights on their own as administrators probe the possibility that the company was trading while insolvent.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
cheaper alternative

Re: I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE OF 'MANGI BLO PLES' AIRLINES

February 18 2012, 6:15 AM 

Air Australia went down because of labour costs. Mangi blo ples is here to stay , a cheaper alternative to air niugini and apng.

Respond to this message   
Ambai

February 18 2012, 7:20 AM 

cheap my assz, laka, safety matters! Life matters more than money, air niugini is the best.

Respond to this message   
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

February 18 2012, 7:50 AM 

Cheaper alternative? How does "mangi blo ples" offer cheaper prices when they have far fewer planes than Airlines PNG and Air Niugini, YET they still have to pay the same high priced mechanics, plus all the overhead admin (including the high priced Wartoto) to run the airline?

If you're someone who thinks things through instead of reacting like an animal without thinking, please tell us exactly how this airline, with those very high overhead expenses, can keep the fares lower than Airlines PNG and Air Niugini?

Hmmmmm??????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????

Respond to this message   
Ambai

February 18 2012, 8:18 AM 

You too...those overhead costs nonsense is their business. Just think SAFETY! Air Niugini remains the BEST.

Respond to this message   
yada yada yada

February 18 2012, 8:50 AM 

How many times do you have to be told? Air Niugini only has the safer record because it flies to large, much much safer airstrips compared to the third level carriers. If Air Niugini was flying into bush airstrips, I can guarantee you it would have had fatalities by now.

That difference, more than anything, explains Air Niugini's safety record.

BTW do you remember when Air Niugini flew an F100 straight into the Madang Lagoon from Madang airport because the pilot misjudged and couldn't stop in time? Or has that memory been lost in your brain? They were lucky, lucky, lucky!

Respond to this message   

NOT F100 IT WAS an F28- YOUR MEMORY LOST

May 30 2013, 10:25 AM 

It wasn't a F100 that flew into madang and overshot the run way it was a F28. YOu get your facts correct and it was heavily raining and dark too. The madang airport was not up to standards and the DCA (now NAC) has to be blamed pilots are trained and knwo their jobs well.

Respond to this message   
Noken Jealous

Mangi Lo Ples Bai stap yet sapos nogat jealous ol man

June 11 2013, 4:21 PM 

Why target Wartoto alone. Millions upon millions were Stolen by others also. MAski lo witch hunt nambaut.

Respond to this message   
Jealous? Or angry against corruption?

Re: Mangi Lo Ples Bai stap yet sapos nogat jealous ol man

June 11 2013, 4:23 PM 

I see. So you want that we let all remain unprosecuted who have stolen millions and millions of our hard earned tax kina.

Poro, your head seems to be screwed on backwards!

Respond to this message   
Exactly

We have millions of them running around freely

June 11 2013, 4:38 PM 

Why target only one. Prosecute all otherwise let them run freely instead of targeting only one.
Yu lukim nao?

Respond to this message   
Tru Tru

Re: We have millions of them running around freely

June 11 2013, 7:40 PM 

In all countries of the world, it is impossible to catch and prosecute everyone who breaks the law.

So you pick the person who has done the most wrong and throw the book at them.

Give them the longest prison term.

That's how you start the process.

Continue from there.

Respond to this message   

NOT F100 IT WAS an F28- YOUR MEMORY LOST

May 30 2013, 10:29 AM 

It wasn't a F100 that flew into madang and overshot the run way it was a F28. YOu get your facts correct and it was heavily raining and dark too. The madang airport was not up to standards and the DCA (now NAC) has to be blamed for that incident. pilots are trained and know their jobs well. You okay or. Mangi blo ples is coinvenient airline available to provide service to grassroots. You may be a rich man to critique it but lets' help it to continue by getting the Government to reposses this airline because it was the Governmenrts and peoples K10 million that enable the establishment of this airline. Let WArtoto face justice.

BUSH TRAVELLER
MANGI BLO ISLAND

Respond to this message   
DOA

February 18 2012, 1:14 PM 

Higher worker productivity (Australia) gives rise to higher salaries.

Lower worker productivity (PNG)gives rise to lower salaries.

Both situations can lead to exactly the same bottom line. IN THE RED = bankruptcy!

Respond to this message   
Ambra

February 18 2012, 5:52 PM 

Mangi blo peles has so far cancelled some of its recently launched HGU-POM flights. Why?

Respond to this message   
oh no!

February 18 2012, 8:54 PM 

Nogat moni lo baim fuel blo balus????

Respond to this message   
Strokolop

February 22 2012, 9:31 AM 

Inap lo komplain. whether Mangi peles survives or not is not ya problem. em blo Eremas lo wari lo em.
BTW that K10 million was freeze in the bank tasol Mangi peles flai yet na ba yu stopim?

Respond to this message   
em

February 23 2012, 8:12 AM 

Nothing but the banks and their inability to get back loan money is going to stop mangi blo ples.

Respond to this message   
freaks

February 26 2012, 8:35 PM 

hoi! noken raun lo steal kar.
wankain, noken raun lo steal balus. Watch out!!!!

Respond to this message   
Lukluk tasol

Mangi blo ples airlines

February 26 2012, 9:55 PM 

Sapos wanpla Highlands wokim bai nogat toktok.
Ol nambis laik wokim bai yupla pairap yet, ating yupla jealous or.
Just return to your primitive ways and shut up.
Wank yourself off and mind your own business,tenkiu tru.

Respond to this message   
LOL

Re: Mangi blo ples airlines

February 27 2012, 5:55 AM 

Yeah right. If a bank turned down a loan because the venture was economically unsound, you'd say the bank officers were jealous!!! What a laugh.

Grow up and learn your economics.

Respond to this message   

Why Regionalism??????

April 19 2012, 6:39 AM 

My response to Lukluk tasol:

Grow up and suck up the reality, *******! If the highlanders are in control, does it affect the cost of traveling? I hope you're joking. As intellectuals we should rather talk about the services and how best we can go about improving them instead of bitching about regionalism.

As a matter of fact, all air lines should provide a safe transport system and Air Niugini is no exception. It is doing exactly what it supposed to be doing. At the same time, the skyrocket on ticket fares is totally unreasonable - its reaping us poor empty! All we want is a safe affordable traveling service in a cost-to-high screwed up country! If a shark proposes a new airline service, we should embrace him as a dear brother and call him a man instead of a fish. If a witch comes in instead of the shark, we should bless her and take her as our sister. I don't give a dam of who comes into service - as long as the stupid cost of ticket fares are reduced and safety guaranteed.

Air Niugini has been playing monopoly over the market for too long and we're sick of its fares! We need two or three more airline companies to provide competition so the bully can slow down to our level.

Respond to this message   
Phantom

Cargo cult is a sickness

April 19 2012, 7:17 AM 

Most of the country is confuse right now.So the challenge goes back to how each province approach this.

1)The province that takes care of its citizens by providing a safe/hospitable enviroment for families and young people has a champions heart.

2) The province that has lots of resources but does not care to provide basic services for its people is just confuse.

Respond to this message   
Confused

Re: Cargo cult is a sickness

April 19 2012, 8:24 AM 

NO, they're not confused. They're corrupt.

Learn the difference between the two.

Respond to this message   

April 19 2012, 8:32 AM 

The only cargo cult around here are those who believe in the failed economic model that Erasmas Wartoto is currently following!

Respond to this message   
Sasa Gibe

April 19 2012, 9:13 AM 

is he your uncle?

Respond to this message   
Dii

Mangi lo Pless

October 8 2012, 3:53 PM 

Whether you get a flight with mangi lo ples or not, majority of the bulk population welkam mangi lo ples for cheaper airfares unlike other Airlines. We should be proud of the service we are getting for us the unfortunately ones, that really cant afford the sky rise airfares.

We should be proud of that, dont you think he was unaware of the consequences he would face, he will get all the heart attacks, let just enjoy the services provided.

Respond to this message   
Dii

Mangi lo Pless

October 8 2012, 3:54 PM 

Whether you get a flight with mangi lo ples or not, majority of the bulk population welkam mangi lo ples for cheaper airfares unlike other Airlines. We should be proud of the service we are getting for us the unfortunately ones, that really cant afford the sky rise airfares.

We should be proud of that, dont you think he was unaware of the consequences he would face, he will get all the heart attacks, let just enjoy the services provided.

Respond to this message   
Look what the fat Wartoto forgot to do!!!!!!

March 5 2012, 1:36 PM 

My oh my, looks like the fat Wartoto FORGOT to register Mangi Blo Ples (Travel Air Ltd) with the IPA prior to receiving the K10 million in taxpayers-guaranteed loans!

The money was for subsidising air freight (eg coffee freight) from remote areas. Instead once again the village people get screwed so that the city people can fly cheap.

News
Friday 02nd March, 2012

Tiensten case adjourned to Mar 12

Former Planning Minister Paul Tiensten’s committal court case has been adjourned to March 12 for his lawyer to prepare submissions in response to police charges which have been served on his client.

The former Minister for National Planning and Monitoring was alleged to have approved the payment of K10 Million to Travel Air Limited, a company allegedly not registered with the Investment Promotion Authority at the time of approval and the subsequent payment.

The monies in the Development Budget 2011 were earmarked for subsidising air freight costs for rural areas of Papua New Guinea, serviced by existing third level airline companies.

The funds were instead allegedly applied to the establishment of Travel Air Limited.

He was arrested and charged for misappropriation, conspiracy to defraud and abuse of office.
His lawyer Arnold Amet Junior said he will be making submissions on March 12 to strike out the matter on the grounds that there is insufficient evidence by the State to commit his client to stand trial on the charges.

Respond to this message   
Koap

March 5 2012, 7:41 PM 

mangi lo ples is okay.Don't worry about him

Respond to this message   
mi wari ya

March 6 2012, 11:21 AM 

I think we should be very worried about him. He's blowing up like a balloon, eating almost anything in Cairns that he can get his hands on. Perfect candidate for an early heart attack.

Respond to this message   

Y migraine head aches

March 24 2012, 8:07 PM 

Oii upla! why excessively fussing about em..?.. em mangi lo peles
ya please undasten.Life is starting to fall off from pan to fire
and mangi lo peles mekim laip izi now. Don't chip your nose
to someone elses problem it's gona escalate your unsolved problems
so just enjoy the cheap service mangi lo peles ofarim. Et pen blo
em na u why et pen atin utla mas conect lo senze ya!!!

South simbu yaninen

Respond to this message   

Y migraine head aches

March 24 2012, 8:07 PM 

South simbu yaninen

Respond to this message   

Y migraine head aches

March 24 2012, 8:08 PM 

South simbu yaninen

Respond to this message   

Y migraine head aches

March 24 2012, 8:23 PM 

South simbu yaninen

Respond to this message   
Buai maus

March 8 2012, 8:04 AM 

However dubious things may seem, I generally think 'mangi lo ples ' is a good thing, good for the lil people and good for economy.

The 10 million is a loan, right! So it is up to wartoto to repay it back the govt. Whichever way he does that I don't care but he gotta pay up, period!

Respond to this message   
TRUTH

March 8 2012, 10:01 AM 

No, he doesn't have to pay up. He can go bankrupt (which he will) and then the taxpayer gets left holding the bag. There will be no repayment of this loan because the government stupidly agreed to NASFUND that the government would make good on the loan (ie our tax monies) if the fat Wartoto doesn't.

Respond to this message   
HMT

Buai Maus u wrong

March 8 2012, 2:43 PM 

Maus,

Planning office is not your bank for loans. Go borrow at the banks and pay back the principle and interest. This is stealing...simple as that...

Respond to this message   
kppp

faol

April 26 2012, 9:15 AM 

can you all shut up and mind your business..inap long jelous.

Respond to this message   
Wartoto=one fat fugitive from justice

Flying kebubu Eremas Wartoto has warrant out for his arrest

May 28 2012, 10:05 AM 

You should see the photo of him in the PC today (p10) he must be the fattest wantok alive

COURT ISSUES WARRANT OF ARREST FOR WARTOTO

by Adrian Mathias

The Waigaini Committal Court has issued an arrest warrant for East New Britain businessman and owner of Travel Air (Mangi Blo Peles) Eremas Wartoto, for not turning4 up in court.

Masgistrate Cosmas Bidar said Wartoto had made no effort to appear in court since Aug 30 last year.

Wartoto did not turn up last Friday. He is facing a charge of misappropriation.

Police prosecutor Sgt Michael Awagi said Wartoto was alleged to have misappropriated K7,989,892.

The money was part of RESI funds allocated for rehabilitation projects for Kerevat National High School in East New Britain province.

Awagi said Wartoto's construction company, Saraklok Ltd, was engaged to implement rehabilitation projects for the school.

Awag4i said Waraklok Ltd received K6,791,408.20 of the total K7,989,892.

"Wartoto is also wanted for other crimes," he said.

Respond to this message   
funny

The fat Wartoto, apparently still running away from the law

June 1 2012, 10:36 AM 

Will he ever end up in prison? Probably not. No law breaker goes to prison if they portray themselves as a bigman.

Respond to this message   
Yaaawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

June 1 2012, 6:12 PM 

Respond to this message   
Classic Case of Spitting the Dummy

Re: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

June 1 2012, 8:59 PM 

Respond to this message   
From the National

Task force considers extraditing the incredibly obese Wartoto

June 2 2012, 11:20 AM 

National Friday June 1 2012
by Elias Nanau

Anti-corruption agency Task Force Sweep is considering extraditing incredibly obese businessman Eresmas Wartoto from Australia to face charges of fraud involving millions of kina.

Agency chairman Sam Koim said yesterday a warrant of arrest had been issued for Wartoto who had not turned up for any scheduled court appearances since last August.

"He is now living in Australia," he said.

"We are now considering an application for extradition orders to have him return to the country and face fraud charges.
"Wartoto absconded jurisdiction on the pretext of being sick and produced a number of unauthenticated medical certificates, certifying that he was not able to fly out of Australia where he is residing to attend his court case in PNG.
"From the intelligence information we have gathered, Wartoto has travelled in and out of Australia more than 10 times to other countries except PNG since then."
"The committal court last week issued a warrant of arrest but his lawyer has said that it be revoked saying his client was sick and unfit to travel out of Australia.
Wartoto is accused of misappropriating almost K8 million allocated for rehabilitation projects for Kerevat National High Schol in East New Britain province.
Koim said investigations were still continuing and at end of April, they had spent K5 million out from the total K9 million allocated.
"The remaining K4 million has now been budgeted for prosecutions, recovery proceedings and for investigations that are still progressing." Koim said.

Respond to this message   
Noken

Re: Task force considers extraditing the incredibly obese Wartoto

June 2 2012, 12:26 PM 

I just read some of the comments made by Papua New Guinean about Mangi blo ples airline. I was just wandering why should we be complaining about a service provider. I am a regular flyer with airniugini. I do not have any problem with Manigi blo ples or airlines PNG. Wether to travel in one of them is a choice of my own instinct.

As a papua new guinean I am so pround that there are a number of airlines now in PNG who can really service our travelling needs. Yes, safety matters which the each airline has to consider. They must make sure all safety conditions are met.

Respond to this message   
Saddened By People Like You

Re: Task force considers extraditing the incredibly obese Wartoto

June 2 2012, 5:15 PM 

People like you are unbelievable in one sense, but in another sense explains exactly why we're in such poor shape as a country, with our reputation for honesty going down down down by the minute.

German monster leader Adolph Hitler created lots of infrastructure development, does that mean Germans should have been proud, praised him, and left that corrupt man in power? Of course they did, and look what happened -World War II.

There is never a good excuse for tolerating corruption in a truly civilised society. It is because we have so many people like you, willing to overlook illegal activities and dishonesty, that we have become a laughingstock banana republic of the world.

All because of people like you!

Respond to this message   

Another crash.

October 12 2012, 5:11 AM 

I notice APNG had another crash.

The aircraft landed on a notorious;y bumpy airstrip, bounced off the tarmac thn sheared off its undercarriage and fell on the ground. Which was probably fortunate, because that stopp it going into a nearby lake.

Already, on another forum, people are calling for an inquiry into APNG. Rubbish! The enquiry shuld be into why, in this day and age, are the airfields allowed to deteriorate to such a parlous, if not bloody dangerous state? If you fly to some of these places, you are going to have crashes.

Commonsense......Ralph.

Respond to this message   

Out of date.

October 12 2012, 5:19 AM 

Sori tumas,
that info may be out of date.

I was reading about it on that site, at 0130 in the morning, and I took it to be current info. But I still stand by my remarks. Some of PNG's airstrips are so bad landing on them is an accident waiting to happen. Also, PNG has some of the most dangerous flying conditions on earth. Just look at the Kokoda side of the Owen Stanleys for instance.

Regards......Ralph.

Respond to this message   
...mE

Re: Out of date.

October 19 2012, 8:42 AM 

Really? Maybe you got your glasses upside down :P

...mE

Respond to this message   
Captain Chou

Re: Out of date.

October 19 2012, 12:51 PM 

Oh you such funny boy. Belly belly funny boy.

Respond to this message   

Inverted glasses

October 21 2012, 1:21 PM 

@mE, Hahaha.
Nuh mate. I was just having a senior moment.

Now! What did I come in here for?

Alzheimers? Don't remember a thing about it.

Regards......Ralph.

Respond to this message   

lusting long airlines,m wari blo ol bisniss lain.

February 10 2014, 2:08 PM 

some of us are thinking of whats going to happen to our future,this is a good idea,ok lets all stand together and hold hands together and support one another,our small tiny png is freezing not moving at all, can you see any changes,not at all,long pom tasol.mine our owned bisness and stop talking against its other,yeye.hahaha.

traim tasol.

Respond to this message   
New generation

Listen to me !

February 11 2014, 3:24 PM 

I agree with Kirip Wamwamkoap ! The only thing growing in Wabag is Don's beard . Good thing O'Neill has promise a university for Southern Highlands and I'm looking forward to it.So next election I'll give Peter 5 votes.No no I'll give many.I'm all fired up ! I can't wait to take up swimming at the new campus. I'll learn back-stroke and side stroke. I'm pretty good at front stroke.I can easy that any time.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE OF 'MANGI BLO PLES' AIRLINES
  Next Topic >>Return to PNG News Board