When cutting and pasting from news sources, remember to acknowledge your source.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG News Board  

I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE OF 'MANGI BLO PLES' AIRLINES

February 17 2012 at 4:04 PM
For our PNG "flying kabubu", Mr E Wartot 

Economic realities dictate that 'mangi blo ples' airlines was a stupid idea that no sane financial institution would ever lend money to. Of course NASFUND did, but only after the government, via corrupt people like Wartoto, got the government to guarantee repayment of the loan.

Airlines that fit the current airline industry economic realities far far better than the flying Wartoto have been failing. Here's the latest example..... there is no doubt that this is the fate of 'mangi blo ples' airlines and we, the taxpayers will be footing the bill while fugitive from justice, Mr E "the fat kabubu" Wartoto" continues to live the good life in Cairns, probably using up what's left of the K10 million loan that WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR IN THE END!!

Passengers stranded for days as Air Australia goes bust

Georgia Wilkins February 17, 2012

Thousands left without flights
300 Air Australia staff stood down
Company unable to pay for fuel
Questions about when the company went broke
No flights in the 'short to medium term'
Turbulence that brought down an airline
No way home as passengers wait on news
Matt O'Sullivan's analysis: Customers jettisoned again

It will take days for the 4000 people stranded by the collapse of Brisbane-based budget carrier Air Australia to make their own way home. The airline went into administration today.

Many passengers will arrive over the weekend but even with Qantas, Jetstar and other airlines helping out, some are unlikely to make it back until early in the week.

Administrators say they will work through the weekend to try to find a "white knight" to save the airline.

Most of the airline's 300 staff have been stood down as about 4000 passengers were left to search for alternative flights on their own as administrators probe the possibility that the company was trading while insolvent.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
cheaper alternative

Re: I CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE OF 'MANGI BLO PLES' AIRLINES

February 18 2012, 6:15 AM 

Air Australia went down because of labour costs. Mangi blo ples is here to stay , a cheaper alternative to air niugini and apng.

Respond to this message   
Ambai

February 18 2012, 7:20 AM 

cheap my assz, laka, safety matters! Life matters more than money, air niugini is the best.

Respond to this message   
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

February 18 2012, 7:50 AM 

Cheaper alternative? How does "mangi blo ples" offer cheaper prices when they have far fewer planes than Airlines PNG and Air Niugini, YET they still have to pay the same high priced mechanics, plus all the overhead admin (including the high priced Wartoto) to run the airline?

If you're someone who thinks things through instead of reacting like an animal without thinking, please tell us exactly how this airline, with those very high overhead expenses, can keep the fares lower than Airlines PNG and Air Niugini?

Hmmmmm??????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????

Respond to this message   
Ambai

February 18 2012, 8:18 AM 

You too...those overhead costs nonsense is their business. Just think SAFETY! Air Niugini remains the BEST.

Respond to this message   
yada yada yada

February 18 2012, 8:50 AM 

How many times do you have to be told? Air Niugini only has the safer record because it flies to large, much much safer airstrips compared to the third level carriers. If Air Niugini was flying into bush airstrips, I can guarantee you it would have had fatalities by now.

That difference, more than anything, explains Air Niugini's safety record.

BTW do you remember when Air Niugini flew an F100 straight into the Madang Lagoon from Madang airport because the pilot misjudged and couldn't stop in time? Or has that memory been lost in your brain? They were lucky, lucky, lucky!

Respond to this message   
Oliver Bellawa

NOT F100 IT WAS an F28- YOUR MEMORY LOST

May 30 2013, 10:25 AM 

It wasn't a F100 that flew into madang and overshot the run way it was a F28. YOu get your facts correct and it was heavily raining and dark too. The madang airport was not up to standards and the DCA (now NAC) has to be blamed pilots are trained and knwo their jobs well.

Respond to this message   
Noken Jealous

Mangi Lo Ples Bai stap yet sapos nogat jealous ol man

June 11 2013, 4:21 PM 

Why target Wartoto alone. Millions upon millions were Stolen by others also. MAski lo witch hunt nambaut.

Respond to this message   
Jealous? Or angry against corruption?

Re: Mangi Lo Ples Bai stap yet sapos nogat jealous ol man

June 11 2013, 4:23 PM 

I see. So you want that we let all remain unprosecuted who have stolen millions and millions of our hard earned tax kina.

Poro, your head seems to be screwed on backwards!

Respond to this message   
Exactly

We have millions of them running around freely

June 11 2013, 4:38 PM 

Why target only one. Prosecute all otherwise let them run freely instead of targeting only one.
Yu lukim nao?

Respond to this message   
Tru Tru

Re: We have millions of them running around freely

June 11 2013, 7:40 PM 

In all countries of the world, it is impossible to catch and prosecute everyone who breaks the law.

So you pick the person who has done the most wrong and throw the book at them.

Give them the longest prison term.

That's how you start the process.

Continue from there.

Respond to this message   
Oliver Bellawa

NOT F100 IT WAS an F28- YOUR MEMORY LOST

May 30 2013, 10:29 AM 

It wasn't a F100 that flew into madang and overshot the run way it was a F28. YOu get your facts correct and it was heavily raining and dark too. The madang airport was not up to standards and the DCA (now NAC) has to be blamed for that incident. pilots are trained and know their jobs well. You okay or. Mangi blo ples is coinvenient airline available to provide service to grassroots. You may be a rich man to critique it but lets' help it to continue by getting the Government to reposses this airline because it was the Governmenrts and peoples K10 million that enable the establishment of this airline. Let WArtoto face justice.

BUSH TRAVELLER
MANGI BLO ISLAND

Respond to this message   
DOA

February 18 2012, 1:14 PM 

Higher worker productivity (Australia) gives rise to higher salaries.

Lower worker productivity (PNG)gives rise to lower salaries.

Both situations can lead to exactly the same bottom line. IN THE RED = bankruptcy!

Respond to this message   
Ambra

February 18 2012, 5:52 PM 

Mangi blo peles has so far cancelled some of its recently launched HGU-POM flights. Why?

Respond to this message   
oh no!

February 18 2012, 8:54 PM 

Nogat moni lo baim fuel blo balus????

Respond to this message   
Strokolop

February 22 2012, 9:31 AM 

Inap lo komplain. whether Mangi peles survives or not is not ya problem. em blo Eremas lo wari lo em.
BTW that K10 million was freeze in the bank tasol Mangi peles flai yet na ba yu stopim?

Respond to this message   
em

February 23 2012, 8:12 AM 

Nothing but the banks and their inability to get back loan money is going to stop mangi blo ples.

Respond to this message   
freaks

February 26 2012, 8:35 PM 

hoi! noken raun lo steal kar.
wankain, noken raun lo steal balus. Watch out!!!!

Respond to this message   
Lukluk tasol

Mangi blo ples airlines

February 26 2012, 9:55 PM 

Sapos wanpla Highlands wokim bai nogat toktok.
Ol nambis laik wokim bai yupla pairap yet, ating yupla jealous or.
Just return to your primitive ways and shut up.
Wank yourself off and mind your own business,tenkiu tru.

Respond to this message   
LOL

Re: Mangi blo ples airlines

February 27 2012, 5:55 AM 

Yeah right. If a bank turned down a loan because the venture was economically unsound, you'd say the bank officers were jealous!!! What a laugh.

Grow up and learn your economics.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG News Board