Respond to this messageReturn to PNG Women
Original Message
  • co-operation

• Posted Dec 23, 2011 10:19 PM

I have read with great interest all the comments added on this post.

I am a female professional and I am now currently running my own small business. From my personal view, I see that we PNG women will continue to be marginalised and bossed around by men if we do not change our attitudes. That is, we as women folk need to co-operate and assist each other to better ourselves and excel in whatever we are doing.

In PNG, over the years, the number of professional women graduating from Universities and colleges both within and outside the country has increased. We have had few women who have been sucessful in politics. There are few others who have excelled in their professional careers. The majority, however, are running small business or working in offices just to make ends meet.

On the other hand, majority of the politicians and those holding high positions in the public service are the men. Why? I have observed that men help each other to get to where they are, be it legally or illegally.

In PNG I find that even women holding high positions dance to the tune of the men. They are afraid to take bold steps like the men and assist their own women folk. By this I do not mean they should enter into crook deals like the men. Rather, they should try to identify women doing small business and find ways to give them business and encourage them to expand. Also, they should try to identify professional women and encourage and assist them to take up managerial positions based on their merIts. Women who are already up there should not relax in their comfort zones and wait to take orders from males to make their decisions.

The more voices we have at the top raising complaints about unfair dealings against women, the more chances we have of been heard. The less voices we have at the top, the less chances we have of been heard
      . So PNG women, lets all work together and assist each other so that we can be heard and be a force to be reckoned with.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options