All highschool related postings or postings that Wantokz judge as belonging to the Highskul Mangi Board will be deleted.
 Return to Port Moresby Board  

More to be done by NCDC

April 14 2006 at 8:12 PM
Annon 

Response to Joint action required from People, PNGTA and NCDC

I totally agree as well as ashamed of my city. Others despise our place and give undeserved labels to its name. Those who have been to other smaller Pacific Island cities and towns like Noumea, Suva, Port Vila or Koror should know how clean and neat those places are.

People in Port Moresby should understand that cities carry the image of the entire country. It is the first impression for tourists and other visitors. If they see a filthy, dirty, smelly pigsty in and around most of our POM, they expect the worst in Mount Hagen, Lae, Rabaul, Madang or Goroka, though those centers are more cleaner and neater than POM.

The onus is now on NCDC to continue intensive beautification of the general outlook of the city. We need more than 10 betel-nut free public parks with good shades for families and individuals to enjoy. Business Houses should also intiate such. We also need more recreation centers like gymnassiums and swimming pools. Sir Donalds is old, run-down and of very poor standards. Ela Beach is naturally beautiful. We need full-time cleaning, maintance and monitoring. What is happening to the millions, probably billions raised by NCDC each year??? Whats the use of NCDC if they are not realy giving their best?

Well I commend them for taking some measures at Gordons betel nut Market. But more need to be done to beautify the pride of PNG ofcourse!!!

Respond to this message   
Responses