<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Lae Board  

Lae people! Guess what? The Goilalas are coming!!!!!!!!

November 28 2011 at 9:17 PM
oh boy oh boy oh boy 

News

Monday 28th November, 2011
Proposed highway to link Central and Morobe

A COMBINED district meeting of Bulolo and Goilala leaders last week endorsed the need for work to begin on a Trans National Highway linking the provinces of Central and Morobe, literally linking Papua to New Guinea.
Empowered by their respective Joint District Planning and Budget Priorities Committees Bulolo MP Sam Basil and Goilala MP Mathew Poiya announced their joint decision in Waigani yesterday.
Mr Basil is National Planning and Monitoring Minister while Mr Poiya is Vice Minister for Inter-Government Relations and District Development.
In a joint statement released after the combined districts meeting, Messrs Basil and Poiya said: There is a need for Trans Highway to link the Bulolo District in Morobe Province and Goilala District in Central Province which is cheaper than the much talked about Trans National Highway from Highlands region into Gulf Province.
The route proposed by our respective JDP&BPCs is a shorter and less expensive initiative.
It will save the Government millions of kina in the actual construction phase.
The proposed route will run through the existing highway in Goilala district following the Aropokina into Tapini than to Guari, Givena, Eli, Bizoa across the Chapmans Range into Kapang in Morobe Province.
The Kapang route than will get into Bulolo via the Ono area, Ngusu, Sim (Waria area) than to Biaru.
The two leaders said these areas needed to be opened up with proper transport and road infrastructure.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
They are comming on internet

Goilalas are on internet

November 29 2011, 9:53 AM 

check their own web sitehttp://www.goilala.com

Respond to this message   
honest opinion

Re: Goilalas are on internet

December 26 2011, 4:51 PM 

To tell you the truth, this worries me.

Respond to this message   
goi

what makes you worry

January 30 2012, 6:25 AM 

Honest man or boy, what makes you worry?
What makes you worry will make it happen. Why not take them as a human being like you, think like we are in 21st centuary and im sure you will appreciate that we are not the people you "think" we are.

Respond to this message   
Morobean

Re: what makes you worry

February 9 2012, 11:38 AM 

It is remarkable and I had to doublecheck to make sure I was seeing right, but this whole Lae board seems to have totally died once this announcement was posted. Bizarre!

Respond to this message   
Top town

Re: what makes you worry

February 12 2012, 2:17 AM 

Obviously the topic has killed the Lae board or somehow contaminated it so that no one wants to post now.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Pathetic

February 14 2012, 9:56 AM 

That was because it was such a pathetic posting.
Why is one group of people any better or any worse than another? We all live here in Wau amongst Goilala people who are the same as others.If treated with respect they give it back. Some people have a problem with them but as I said,treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Respond to this message   
kentep

How sad

March 8 2012, 7:32 PM 

It sounds like someone as witness dead people getting ready to walk. how sad.

Respond to this message   
Sharpie>

Re: How sad

August 16 2012, 11:19 AM 

Why are you worried about the opening of the Trans National Highway when the Okuk highway is already causing havoc on Lae. (in the same sense).

?????

Respond to this message   
movie script being written

Re: How sad

August 31 2012, 4:30 PM 

Hollywood producers are making plans for when the trans island hiway actually opens to make a film called 'Invasion of the Landless Peoples'. They'll film both in POM and in Lae as countless thousands of landless highlanders descend into both places to grab land and claim new territory.

Respond to this message   
Toby

Weren't the Goilalas burnt out?

August 31 2012, 4:33 PM 

Meri Wau, I have it on good authority that Wau people once went and burnt down all the Goilala squatter homes. Is that true or not? Please verify and justify?

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Re: Weren't the Goilalas burnt out?

September 2 2012, 9:26 AM 

This did happen on at least two occassions that I can recall and was one of those Police and so called "community leaders" operations when people took law in to their own hands(legally,they feel as they are joined by Police) and burnt down the houses of people they deemed to be the family of trouble-makers.Unfortunately women and children are always the silent victims here and some innocent people also lost their homes.
I have never believed that two wrongs make one right and arson is a crime whether perpetuated by Police or individuals acting on their own.In the ensuing years in both Wau and Bulolo,even Lae and probably other places as well,people take it upon themselves to burn down the homes of people they judge to be doing something wrong,leaving aggrieved homeless women and children,to be cared for by the State or the community.We do have the courts to judge whether people have done wrong or not and whilst individuals continually feel they can take action against others we will continue to have a lawless society.
The situation of burning out the Sepiks in Bulolo has cost the State millions and this happens all the time and arsonists dont seem to be going to jail.
Thousands of people are living in tents in Bulolo several years after the event and still calling upon the State for compensation.

Respond to this message   
judas

September 3 2012, 1:21 PM 

You said the arsonists never go to jail. Neither do the trouble makers, at least not for long. They're released early by corrupt judges and corrupt police and back on the streets again. THAT is why the houses of the whole community gets burnt down.

Focus on ridding the judiciary system of corruption if you want the house burning to stop otherwise you're just wasting your breathe.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

September 4 2012, 11:21 AM 

Actually a lot of the trouble makers do go to jail,those that survive.In our small town we are very fortunate to be able to show the example to young people that those that break the law repeatedly usually end up in the matmat.
Our really hard-core troublemakers,bar one or two who are well in the sights of the police radar,have over the years all been shot dead.Our matmat is full of them.This includes the one who shot and killed an ex-Police Commissioner,Pious Kerepia in Port Moresby and the Airnuigini pilot Willie Dorie.It did take some time but he was eventually taken out by police.Sadly he raped several women and killed at least one other person before he was shot in Wau.
Hopefully the young Goilala and Kunimaipa youth see that crime doesnt pay as we don't seem to have any really bad law and order issues at present and this has been the case for several years.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Great Suggestion

September 5 2012, 8:03 AM 

Great suggestion but all of us arm-chair problem solvers have solutions but are in no position to implement what we suggest.
Actually,the young Goilala youth in our town have had a good example set to them as almost all of their troublemaking older cousins and brothers have been shot by the police and are resting quietly in the mat-mat.There are still one or two left yet but they remain very docile as they all know they are on the Police radar.

Respond to this message   
mangi ples

What is it about goilalas that results in all these problems?

September 8 2012, 11:56 AM 

Why are the goilalas so prone to become troublemakers in the first place? I understand that the majority are law abiding but there is something about this people that results in a persistent minority constantly making life miserable for a lot of people around them. What is the deal with them, anyway? I know they're not the only troublemaking ethnic group but they are in the top group of ethnic groups that create problems for others in PNG.

Respond to this message   
another pngean

Re: Goilalas are humane

October 13 2012, 3:02 PM 

i think the bottom line here is that "careless attitude" that most pngeans have.

Respond to this message   
I'm not so sure

Re: Goilalas are humane

October 12 2012, 12:26 PM 

This is one of the funniest, most unbelievable statements I've read on scape for months: "Sepiks are highly mobile and and quite articulate, agressive want to be fair and just in their willing and dealing."

Want to be fair and just???? Please, don't try to pull our legs!!!

Respond to this message   
Tru PNGean

Goilalas are humane

October 4 2012, 3:13 PM 

Goilalas are human just like everyone else however in this context likened to gypsies in other countries.When settled in a particular spot the settlement does not prosper into a hive of activities for sustainance of heads per household.Instead used as a launching pad for opportunities through poaching and crime for survival.Highlansders are known for being agressive and persuasive in any entreprenual interests whilst the Sepiks are highly mobile and and quite articulate, agressive want to be fair and just in their willing and dealing.With due respect to the elites of these groups its unfortunate that these ethnic groups are tagged as being the violatile by other countrymen despite all the good deeds they contribute to nation building.The Goilalas, Sepiks and Highlanders contributed to the building sound economies of the MOMASE and NGI and the Southern Regions.The Sepiks were rounded up and and chased out of Bulolo,Highlanders suffered the same in Lae city,Goilalas suffered the same in Moresby and Morobe too.The break down in state services and law and order had lead PNG is the cause of all the trouble we have in PNG now,through effective and efficient law and order will adress the social ills.

Nevertheless, Goilalas, Sepiks and the Highlanders are not the cause of all the social ills in PNG, its all part of the development gap that must be bridged.If the have nots are in the loop for economic gain it may assist the struggling in the long term.

Respond to this message   
Meri Wau

Re: What is it about goilalas that results in all these problems?

September 10 2012, 1:36 PM 

Who knows what makes a certain ethnic group more violent than another?
I would think that probably many things contribute to this.Lack of education,the fact that it is so hard to eke out a living in their home area and of course the pecking order or social ladder would also have quite a lot to do with it.
In their defence,they are extremely loyal and do not forget the few people who ever do them a favour.
I admit they are hard work but they are human.I wish we could live in a world where we judged each other as people and didn't know their colour or their ethnicity.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Lae Board