Return to Index  

Ode to the 1815 Moonphases

July 2 2003 at 1:41 AM
TXNicholas  (Login TXNicholas)
PP Discussion Group

Response to The 1st Lange Forum Contest: What is your favorite Lange model and why....

I am in love with two sisters. They are twins, although not quite identical. One is named Redgold, the other Platinum. Their last name is Moonphase. While their faces glow in youthful radiance, some say they resemble relatives from the 19th century.

And our love is not to be! Either sister would cause my heart to spin deliriously out of control. But alas, they don’t even know I exist. Where was I when the Moonphases were debutantes and society acclaimed their arrival? It seems like it was only last year. Was I immersed in my career, or distracted by other pleasures? Oh, the lust. Oh, the pain.

I learned about their other suitors too late. They also were awestruck with frantic desire, as they schemed and searched for any advantage that would make either Redgold or Platinum theirs. And, yes, there were those that succeeded, whose love was returned. They show their conquests as if attached to their sleeves. They gloat and display these trophies in glorious rapture, but that only saddens my broken heart, for none will part with these beautiful sisters.

I constantly dream of the Moonphases. To gaze upon their faces in the daytime is to long for the night. And to see them at night, would only confirm the beauty of the universe. The stars are aligned in their constellations while the moon rises and sets, according to God’s plan. My love is total, my love is pure, some might say it is The Purist. All I know is, my love is unrequited.

Nicholas

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page