Return to Index  

You are right, Ming. I created the fields with these considerations in mind.

July 2 2003 at 7:36 AM

ThomasM  (Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

Response to You don't need to surrender any sensitive info...

Hi, Ming, Thomas.

Everything has a context, and context is everything.

I originally intended to start out strictly with an owner's registry for the La Boutique PVD chronograph released by AP for their NYC boutique opening, a limited edition of 150 pieces.

An Owners Club is pretty self-explanatory: one needs to be an owner to belong, unlike these open discussion fora where all are welcome to participate, owner or not, just bring your enthusiasm and interest.

I too considered the data security issue, and we have / will store the data on a computer that is not attached to the internet or even any other network. The sign up routine simply generates the data fields in the proper format and forwards it to an administrator who will transfer it to the standalone DBMS machine.

Regarding privacy and personal security - these are issues that are very important to me personally, and I would encourage anyone who is not comfortable, to NOT register, even if I know I and my admin staff are as trustworthy as it gets. Question this if you must (rhetorical statement, of course, Ming, Thomas) but if you doubt our integrity, I advise you to stop participating, you will never feel safe here or anywhere else.

Also, it is BECAUSE of these concerns that there are no datafields for address or phone number, or other personally identifying information. I deliberately did NOT ask for this reason, because of these concerns.

Asking for email, login name on this site, and real name is not asking for too much.

Privacy and fair use statement, active Opt in rather than assumed opt in / forced opt out - all of these decisions and statements should clearly represent our intentions and positions regarding privacy, SPAM (the scourge of the modern world!!!) and commercialization of any information submitted.

What do I plan to do with this information? I am not going to give away "trade secrets" - as the title says, this will be an Owners Club, and so registry will afford any of the privileges afforded therein, once approved.

Again, if and when we offer this for Lange owners, the same principles and considerations will apply.

When I used to be active with Lamborghinis, there were several Lamborghini Owners Clubs and various registries - each had something unique to offer, just like the various sites have different styles and flavours to offer.

And participation and membership was, and is, strictly voluntary. As is our offering of any such services.

Regards,

TM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page