Return to Index  

Lange browsing in SF............

July 17 2003 at 5:06 PM
Evitzee  (Login Evitzee)
PP Discussion Group

I was in the SF area last week visiting friends and took the ferry over from Tiburon to spend a day in the city. Dropped in at Shreve's to have a look see at their Lange collection. Since I don't live anywhere close to a Lange dealer I'm deprived from seeing them 'in a herd' very often.

They had a good selection of almost all models including the Datograph. The salesman was professional and pleasant, but he admitted that he wasn't super knowledgable about Lange (at least he was honest). I asked him how Lange was doing and he said it was a difficult time, economy wise, to be introducing a high end line like Lange. Most of their customers know Patek Philippe, so it is an education process. As usually noted, Lange is still very much an 'insiders brand'

They had an L1 MOP guilloche dial that I've really liked in pictures.....but in person it just didn't do it for me. It just looked too flat color wise and the dial didn't seem to have much life. Major disappointment. But they had an L1 moonphase in yg that was very, very nice. I've never 'gotten it' about the appeal of the L1 design, hence, I don't own one. But the yellow gold model with the champagne dial with the luminous indices and the accent of the blue moon dial really was a sweet picture. They had the rg model as well but I liked the more traditional yg. The L1 Moonphase is one L1 I could definitely live with. So I've put it on my list for future consideration.

With the Lange DVD and catalog tucked under my arm I was on my way.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page