Return to Index  

Posts that contain personally demeaning, snide, or disrespectful comments

July 18 2003 at 9:09 PM

ThomasM  (Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Does this rule include the moderators as well as "Mr. Premier Login"?

Please note that we will continue to delete without notice any posts that contain personally demeaning, snide, or disrespectful comments.

Posts like those appended to the end of this text have already had to be deleted over five times, and will continue to be deleted without notice so long as they contain such personally demeaning, snide, or disrespectful language.

In case it is not clear to anyone what the demeaning, snide, or disrespectful comments are in the following deleted posts, they are -

1) the implication that this site or its management condones or endorses "xenophobic accusations" (sic) -

we do not, and there is no foundation for such a statement, and quite frankly, find such implications, at best, offensive.

2) the implication that there is any behaviour on this board that is typical of a "despote (sic) or dictator."

It is clear that certain participants on this forum are incapable of engaging in social participation that respects reasonable standards of decorum and conduct, and further, seem to be unable to resist the urge to publically carry on old personal issues ad nauseum, ad absurdum.

Examples of such behaviour are clearly evident in this sub-thread here -

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=211346&messageid=1058378580

This unacceptable behaviour continues to manifest itself in the post immediately preceding this one -

the sarcasm contained in the subject line, "Mr. Premier Login;"

the sarcasm contained in the comment, "...but please don't break your routine and go right ahead deleting it. We all have our own ways of anger management."

and the unfair accusation implicit in, "Or is this group standing 'above the law'?"

when there is no indication of such behaviour on the part of the moderator or the management of this forum.

There are also the clear breaches of acceptable social standards of behaviour such as the privacy of personal emails and the comments made on private discussion groups.

All persons are welcome to participate here so long as their posts refrain from including personally demeaning, snide, or disrespectful comments to themselves or others. Any posts that contain such comments will be deleted without notice, and will continue to be so. This rule applies equally to all participants on this forum.

Note that with the exception of the socially unacceptable behaviour of one single individual, we have found no similar grounds to delete any other posts within the past week.

In case the meaning of this statement is lost on certain individuals, let me be perfectly clear: this means that all other posts made in the past week on this board are still on this board, INCLUDING posts made by the individual referenced in this particular post.

Let me be even more clear - there have been no other deletions because no one else seems to be UNable to control their impulse to personally provoke and inflame others on this board in demeaning, snide, or disrespectful ways.

Sincerely,

TM

============

examples of previously deleted posts, deleted for the reasons noted above. Without those snide and inflammatory comments, these posts would have stayed on the forum.

Of all people, I certainly welcome this most ...
July 17 2003 at 2:55 PM

Thomas Pabst (no login)

Response to Forum participants, please note: Any future disrespectful or snide, baiting personal

as I am the one who had to face xenophobic accusations that were condoned, if not even endorsed by the management of this forum. I was never vindicated as well.

A glorious new era is meant to start. Let's hope that the 'makers' of this new rule will follow their own guidelines and apply it impartially as well as fairly.

T.

============

I assume this announcement is not another personal attack,
July 18 2003 at 2:43 AM Thomas Pabst (no login)

Response to Forum participants, please note: Any future disrespectful or snide, baiting personal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because it very much comes across as one.

Imposing a new rule and then breaking it right away is the typical behavior of a despote or dictator. Condemning "mind and word games" too.

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page