Return to Index  

I do too! I think the Dato is very comfortable to wear....

January 25 2005 at 7:02 PM
Edwin H. Heusinkveld  (Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Response to At least the DS has the merit of putting your Dato in perfect proportion.

with its diameter of 39.0 mm (slightly more then the 38.5 iirc for the Lange-1) and thickness of 12.8 mm. its (almost) perfect.

The 2 things I would change (not counting certain cosmetic aspects) are:

- the crown has very sharp edges; I would prefer more smooth edges since that would feel more comfortable.

- the location of the Date change button is different then on a Lange-1 (placed at 9:30 whereas the on the Lange-1 the button is located on the 10 o'clock or perhaps 10:30 position). I have not accidentally advanced the date on my Lange-1; I did that on the Dato.

But other then these two minor issues I think the Dato is perfect. The cosmetic changes I would like to sample and perhaps have altered on my watch are regarding the dial; I would love to see a completely black dial (subdials inclusive) and with silver sub-dial hands. I am not sure if the Date display should stay the way it is now or if I prefer white-on-black (like it is executed on the Lange-1 Pt black dial). Imagine this watch on a light/medium brown strap.... yummi yummi

Edwin

btw: what do you think about this combo: Lange Dato on IWC strap (doesnt the stitching match the subdial color perfectly):

Almost as nice as the Lange-1 Stealth on the Dato-style strap:

I only have two Langes, but I shamelessly think I have two of the most beautifull ones from Langes offerings. Next? Lange-1 RG moon or perhaps the Langematik Anniversarry???

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page