Return to Index  

Some thoughts .....

February 27 2005 at 7:04 PM
Evitzee  (Login Evitzee)
PP Discussion Group

Response to Nice choice of Roger Dubuis...

Although a bit off the Lange topic I'll share a few thoughts on the RD. The movement in your RD chrono perpetual is based on the Lemania movement used by PP and Breguet. RD calls it a RD5632. But the movement in the current monopusher is called an RD28. It looks similar to the Lemania based movement but is, in fact, thinner and smaller (10 3/4''' vs 12'''). RD claims the RD28 as an in-house creation, whatever that is worth. Both movements are very finely finished, at least looking at them through a loupe.

I've owned the RD for about 3 months now. In that time it has been extremely accurate (within +/- 1 sec/day on average) and the monopusher action is just about perfect with no jump or hesitation in the second hand.

Although it is completely different than the Datograph I enjoy it more. The RD is massive in weight, but sits comfortably on the wrist due to its curved design.

The Datograph is in a class by itself in many regards ... but there are some good options for those where the Dato just doesn't quite fit in.

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page