Return to Index  

Hello Pamlover...

March 7 2005 at 6:53 AM
Edwin H. Heusinkveld  (Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Response to Just got close and personal with Lange--and the Luminous lights me up ...

I did like the Luminous too when I saw pictures of it for the first time. I immediately called a dealer and asked him to please call me when he had one.

Well he did a couple of months later... and I was a little dissapointed. From the pictures posted here, on other fora and on the Lange website the watch looked better then in real (which most of the times is the other way around since Lange's, and perhaps watches in general, do look better in real then on pictures). I think I have explained it before (to you too??) but what I liked about the picture(s) was the colors in the dial and hands: black, white and GREEN. Those three made such a fantastic impression on me that I really imagined having the Lange-1 Luminous as my, excuse me, sports watch (at that time I only had on Lange: the stealth).

I didnt buy the (regular sized it was btw) Luminous (thought of getting the WG Langematik w/ date instead but that didnt happen too) and I recently saw a regular Luminous again and still felt the same. However if Lange would change the white Luminous for really green stuff...

I, and some other regulars here, dont like the Grande Lange-1 for reasons posted here before. BUT, although I didnt remember who posted them (and I am not exactly sure it was on this forum), there are pictures of the Grand Luminous that show a fantastic combination of dial-layout and size. Still, the greenish looking luminous mass, as shown in the official pictures published by Lange, is missing on the Grand too.

If YOU like it, buy it. It is a Lange and build to last. I have visited the Lange Manufaktur last year and was, and still am, DEEPLY impressed by the attention, dedication, craftmenship and simply the love for their watches as shown by all Lange's employees.

Edwin

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page