Return to Index  

My first Lange ...O-E 1815 Cuvette

November 17 2006 at 3:26 AM
Rollin  (Login rkdaniel)
PP Discussion Group

Dear Guys,

I went on the watch tour to Switxerland with the TZ boys last June mainly because it included a stop in Dresden and a visit to A. Lange. I was totally blown away by the stop in Glaushutte...the workmanship was extraoridnary and the watches fantastic. The problem was which one to buy....I loved the Anniversary model and the PLM, but who wouldn't? So there I was stuck in the Patek rut, when I saw Peter's post about the O-E Cuvette. The light bulb went off.

First, I found the watch stunning. I love the red markers, the percision, the simplicity, everything about the watch. The hunter case. The fact that it is limited to 38 to commemorate the son and heir apparents current age is interesting.

Second, I have a friend who lives in Essen and whose parents live in Meunster. So many e-mails later, it appears that I have a O-E 1815 Cuvette coming. It will be in WG and will be #35. Now you may ask what is the significance?

The back cover will be inscribed by Lange with
Drew Daniel, PhD
UC Berkeley
May, 2007
The inner cover in a circle will be inscribed
Congratulations Dad & Bea

My son will be 35 the day he receives his PhD.
I couldn't think of a nicer graduation gift to commemorate such an important day.

Thank you Peter for a great and very inspiring post.

Sincerely,
Rollin
P.S. Guess I will get to be Lange owner for 2 months!! Maybe I will need the Aniversary to make up for my loss - ha,ha.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page