<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lange 1 platinum or white gold grey slate dial

March 10 2005 at 7:11 PM
johnclang  (Login johnclang)
PP Discussion Group

Hi all...I'm thinking of getting either the Lange 1 PT with light gray dial or the white gold version with
dark gray dial (more economic). Any advice on that?

I was also told by the dealer that the PT version is very difficult to polish if being scratched. Is that true?
Does it mean that if I have scratches on the PT version, Lange factory will not be able to remove it?
Sorry for my naive questions. I'm quite a newbie. I just began to collect watches super actively.

Cheers...Clang

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve
(Login offroadr35)
AP Discussion Group

I'm having the exact same dilemma (nt)

March 11 2005, 2:02 AM 

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Difficult... or not

March 12 2005, 12:47 PM 

Both are very nice watches and I would have a hard time deciding between the two too but I think I would get the Stealth.
I think it is somewhat more legible then the other (WG/GD) to begin with but, more important, it has such a wonderful 'deep' dial which changes its mood depending on the ambient light. The Grey dial does that too, but, because it is somewhat darker in color, it doesnt have the 'bandwidth' or range of colors (tones of grey) it can change into. I hope the above makes sense. Have a look at both (take it outside and look at them at different angles) and see which one (pun intended) makes you smile most.

No matter which one you get, both are very nice watches made to the highest standards and will give you years of pleasure.

Regards,

Edwin

Respond to this message   
CR
(no login)

Hi John - you might consider posting an email (or you can email me)...

March 12 2005, 3:33 PM 

There's some info elsewhere that you might find useful but I can't link to it from here. FYI, aesthetically, these are both really nice watches. You should also see the MOP guilloche in person, just to make sure you don't like it as much as the others, if you haven't already done so. Also don't rule out the now-discontinued but not-impossible-to-find L1/WG/silver dial/blue hands (see pic at bottom).

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page