<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lange 1 vs. Chronometre Souverain

November 16 2006 at 11:23 AM
Samuel Lock  (Login whatimeisit)
PP Discussion Group

I'm considering a three hand manual winding watch. Sadly, the Roger Smith Series 2 is out of my budget so I've narrowed my choices down to these two watches. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges but I like to hear what you have to say regarding these two watches and which you would prefer. Also, I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have. Thanks for your timepiece and input!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
chris russell
(Login patekkie)
AP Discussion Group

The Chronometre Souverain is more easily compared to the Richard Lange...

November 16 2006, 12:40 PM 

than the Lange 1, which is decidedly not a simple three-hand watch. The RL, otoh, is similar in conception to the CS in that it's designed specifically for accuracy and consistency over the long haul. Between those two, (or even the CS and the L1), I would say the price, the company and the exclusivity of the design all favor the CS. My opinion may not win me any friends on this pparticular forum, but that's how I see it.

Respond to this message   
Samuel Lock
(no login)

I did consider Richard Lange but...

November 17 2006, 2:47 AM 

it just doesn't speak to me =( On a different note, I feel the Chronometre Souverain is a better value compared to the Lange 1. My dealer qouted me the price of the platinum version of the Chronometre Souverain which is about $1000 plus more than the white gold Lange 1! On the other hand, I would much prefer to have a date mechanism on my watch..decisions..decisions..decisions..

Respond to this message   

alex
(Login argg)
Industry Chat

Your heart seems to be drawn to the CS but if

November 17 2006, 7:21 AM 

you like the CS and want a date function you may want to wait a bit longer...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page