<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My first Lange ...O-E 1815 Cuvette

November 17 2006 at 3:26 AM
Rollin  (Login rkdaniel)
PP Discussion Group

Dear Guys,

I went on the watch tour to Switxerland with the TZ boys last June mainly because it included a stop in Dresden and a visit to A. Lange. I was totally blown away by the stop in Glaushutte...the workmanship was extraoridnary and the watches fantastic. The problem was which one to buy....I loved the Anniversary model and the PLM, but who wouldn't? So there I was stuck in the Patek rut, when I saw Peter's post about the O-E Cuvette. The light bulb went off.

First, I found the watch stunning. I love the red markers, the percision, the simplicity, everything about the watch. The hunter case. The fact that it is limited to 38 to commemorate the son and heir apparents current age is interesting.

Second, I have a friend who lives in Essen and whose parents live in Meunster. So many e-mails later, it appears that I have a O-E 1815 Cuvette coming. It will be in WG and will be #35. Now you may ask what is the significance?

The back cover will be inscribed by Lange with
Drew Daniel, PhD
UC Berkeley
May, 2007
The inner cover in a circle will be inscribed
Congratulations Dad & Bea

My son will be 35 the day he receives his PhD.
I couldn't think of a nicer graduation gift to commemorate such an important day.

Thank you Peter for a great and very inspiring post.

Sincerely,
Rollin
P.S. Guess I will get to be Lange owner for 2 months!! Maybe I will need the Aniversary to make up for my loss - ha,ha.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Rollin, now that is a nice gift ...

November 17 2006, 6:41 AM 

will you adopt me? I´ll turn 40 next year and I´d love to have ... wait a minute ... there are only Cuvette´s with numbers as high as 38 ... hmm (thinking hard)

Well, Dad, I found a solution to your problem:

Does Drew know about it or do you keep it a secret?

Edwin

Respond to this message   

alex
(Login argg)
Industry Chat

what a wonderful gift. You are a great father and congratulations

November 17 2006, 7:16 AM 

on your son's Phd

Respond to this message   
wing
(Login whc2328)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

November 17 2006, 12:42 PM 

i am a new lange owner myself (bought a 1815 automatik) and have been browsing these lange forums since then whenever i have a free minute at work or at home. and the moment i saw the O-E 1815 cuvette, i fell in love with it.

congratulations to your obtaining it, and congratulations to your son getting his PhD!!!

Respond to this message   
jtbradley
(Login jtbradley)
PP Discussion Group

Congratulations to both you and your son

November 18 2006, 2:40 AM 

You have reason to be proud, as does your son.

John

Respond to this message   
steveluk
(no login)

Re: My first Lange ...O-E 1815 Cuvette

November 18 2006, 3:15 AM 

Congratulations to you and your son. I got my PhD there too, and was wearing my then newly-bought Datograph on the commencement day. Go look for Dr. Andrew Hildreth (I think he's still there teaching), he's a watch nuts...

Respond to this message   

Andrew H
(Login 219)
AP Discussion Group

Thanks Steve - I appreciate your description! :) nt.

November 20 2006, 4:42 PM 

Respond to this message   

PeterCDE
(Login pc01)

Double congratulations!!! That´s great news indeed!

November 18 2006, 7:11 AM 

Dear Rollin,

what a wonderful decision and reason to buy one!

First of all, sincere congratulations on your son´s upcoming PhD!
That´s a great achievement and a very special moment both in your and your son´s life. No wonder it makes you happy and proud, rightly so! And it´s a great opportunity for a special gift either, for which the Cuvette seems to be a more than great match!

To have it engraved is a very nice plan either, especially as Lange really does go all the way in this regard.
The hand engraving, such as found on the balance cock, is a great work and makes each watch more special.
And the "Cuvette" is just inviting for such!

What might be interesting is the reason why there are 38 pieces each.
The number goes back to Mr. Oeding-Erdel, who is the initiator of the "Cuvette", a true enthusiast of fine watches himself and counts 38 springs in age:

Thomas Oeding-Erdel, outer left

It´s just great to hear one of this is going to top of such a special time in your and your son´s life!

Thank you kindly for sharing the story!

Greetings from Germany,

Peter

Respond to this message   

Pat
(Login Plissken2)
PP Discussion Group

Many congrats!! I look forward to gratuitous wrist shots please hehe nt

November 19 2006, 5:46 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   
Ling
(Login hkling)
AP Discussion Group

You are a great father and your son is so lucky...

November 20 2006, 8:52 AM 

My father gave me his Titoni after my graduation about 15 years ago. Till todate, I have purchased many expensive watches but my father's watch is ranked No.1 in my heart.

Regards
Ling

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page