<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Langematik perpetual or PP5059

November 29 2006 at 6:42 AM
moses  (Login mosesaaron2002)
PP Discussion Group

Greetings venerable Purists!

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and this is my first time to post a message, I hope that someone will be able to help me decide. Currently, my mind is being tormented which model to purchase. A Langematik perpetual in platinum or a red gold PP5059. Both watches appeal to me but surely, I cannot buy both at the same time. Please provide some pros and cons In terms of movement, value, and overall beauty regarding the two watches. Your reply will be very much appreciated

Many thanks!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
chantank
(no login)

Re: Langematik perpetual or PP5059

November 29 2006, 8:58 AM 

My personal observations after handling both and consider to purchase both at one point in time

I. Movement -
From a finishing & aesthetic perspective is Lange’s hands down for me

II. Design -
Again Lange is more to my taste I find the PP a tad bit small on the wrist

III. Mechanism -
Lange again wins hands down with its incremental functions of:
- Universal push piece to control all functions
- 24 hour indication
- Big date display

IV. Value -
Pure value for money goes to Lange, resale I’m not so sure but I would say nearly equal but slighter advantage to PP.

Hope this helps

Kris

Respond to this message   
moses
(Login mosesaaron2002)
PP Discussion Group

Re: Langematik perpetual or PP5059

November 29 2006, 9:41 AM 

many thanks for the most valuable advice!

For sure, the langematik perpetual exudes that sense of austerity compared to the "too" decorative dial of the 5059. I think that patek, in this case, became unfaithful to the bauhaus school of design which they unwaveringly follow since time immemorial.

I think I was enlightened!!!! lol. many thanks!

Respond to this message   
Ling
(Login hkling)
AP Discussion Group

I have faced the same difficult question...

November 30 2006, 10:08 AM 

Both have their pros and cons.

Pros for Lange - it is produced in smaller production (it rarely appears in AD shop); nice size, more aesthetic movement.

Pros for PP - cleaner dial, better re-sale value.

My personal test: Erase the brand name on the dial, which one will I go for?

My answer is : Lange

Regards
Ling

Respond to this message   
JC
(no login)

a vote for PP

November 30 2006, 9:56 PM 

Actaully I faced this decision, but thot it was easy for me. the 5059....

Pros for Lange was the highly decorative movement and i do like the Lange trademark being the Big Date! slightly better proportioned case size

Pros for 5059, officers case, retrograde date, love the lugs, and i like the apertures for dates, cleaner dial....

Both are absolute quality products...... I liked the overall package of 5059, mainly based on the dial design which i absolutely love.

Respond to this message   
AdamB
(no login)

PP

December 1 2006, 8:26 AM 

Since one never knows when one might need to raise cash through sale of a high value watch, I would have to go with the PP as it can be readily resold as a commodity of know value, whereas you could get stuck with the Lange unable to move it quickly at a fair price.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page