<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

have a 5059, considering the lange dato/perpetual

November 30 2006 at 5:04 AM
ron  (Select Login r2amg)
PP Discussion Group

Although I have the PP5059 platinum I have only seen in pictures the Lange dato/perpetual. I think the Lange is terrific, and I would like to try one on. Having said that the price differential between the two is rather dramatic approximately 2x the price for the Lange over the PP. It is not an entirely fair comparison since the Lange is also a chrono so you would have to compare it with the PP5970 which I don't believe comes in platinum and would be much closer in price to the Lange if it did. Probably within about $25k. I believe the resale value of the PP5059, assuming you bought the Lange and PP both at retail, would be superior to the Lange. The Lange double split, an alternative to the dato/perpetual, is available on the resale market at a steeper percentage discount in my opinion than the PP5059. I don't know of any reason the same will not be true after the watch has been around for awhile for the dato/perpetual. The Lange is beautiful and I would love to have one, but at retail I will have to wait, with a discount similar to what you can currently buy a double split for it would be very appealing.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ron
(Select Login r2amg)
PP Discussion Group

sorry, should have been posted below (nt)

November 30 2006, 5:06 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   
ron
(Select Login r2amg)
PP Discussion Group

sorry further, should have compared to the lange perpetual

November 30 2006, 5:12 AM 

I misread the post below, sorry for the non-responsive answer. I am less interested in the lange perpetual at this time given the double split and the dato/perpetual. At one time I almost purchased a platinum lange perpetual but the non AD failed to deliver and shortly thereafter the retail price increases made it fall from my site. Nevertheless, the Lange is one beautiful watch and probably has resale value on par to the PP5059.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page