<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New pictures

December 3 2006 at 5:19 AM
David  (Login omdavid888)

I have just bought a new digital camera ,so I tried to take some new pictures for my Lange's collection.By the way, I have found the Lange 1 Sincere SE.Thanks, Guys!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joachim
(no login)

great pictures! how does...

December 3 2006, 6:26 AM 

...the L1 compare to the L1pc in terms of weight? can you easily read the day, month, year?

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

Lange1pc

December 3 2006, 8:07 AM 

Hi, I haven't got the Lange1 SE yet! I found one in Signapore and already asked them to reserve it for me. I will get it in these few days. Will report to you then. By the way, I can't figure out what does the L1pc stand for ?

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

Lange1pc

December 3 2006, 8:08 AM 

Hi, I haven't got the Lange1 SE yet! I found one in Signapore and already asked them to reserve it for me. I will get it in these few days. Will report to you then. By the way, I can't figure out what does the L1pc stand for ?

Respond to this message   
Joachim
(no login)

L1pc=Lange 1 perpetual calendar (nt)

December 3 2006, 8:17 AM 

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

but the pc shown is the LMpc :-)

December 3 2006, 8:57 AM 

Edwin

Respond to this message   
Joachim
(no login)

my mistake, I mean LMpc, sorry (nt)

December 3 2006, 9:03 AM 

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

wrong again ... it is LangeMatik with a "k" and not a "c" <nt>

December 3 2006, 10:34 AM 

Respond to this message   
Joachim
(no login)

getting quit complicated... just wanted to know if...

December 3 2006, 10:45 AM 

...Lange 1 and the perpetual calender feel differently on the wrist...

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

L1pc

December 3 2006, 10:46 AM 

Thanks! Now I understand. I even don't know the perpetual calendar is belong to the Lange 1 model.The weight of L1 Platinum is much heavier than the L1pc since my PC is YG.I don't have any problem to see the date,day,and month but the year is a bit too small for me. Honestly to say, I personly prefer the Datograph than PC. I think the layout of PC is a little bit too complicated. I like the Datograph layout.It's really beautiful. I used to collect the Patek Philippe but the Lange become my favorite recently!

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

L1pc

December 3 2006, 10:46 AM 

Thanks! Now I understand. I even don't know the perpetual calendar is belong to the Lange 1 model.The weight of L1 Platinum is much heavier than the L1pc since my PC is YG.I don't have any problem to see the date,day,and month but the year is a bit too small for me. Honestly to say, I personly prefer the Datograph than PC. I think the layout of PC is a little bit too complicated. I like the Datograph layout.It's really beautiful. I used to collect the Patek Philippe but the Lange become my favorite recently!

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Great pictures! Esp. the Stealth looks very good!

December 3 2006, 7:50 AM 

I see you got a bad case of Lange-itis!

Congrats on finding the Sincere LE Lange-1. Would love to see pictures of it. Doesnt it have a Silver(ish) Date disc´s?

Edwin

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

new pictures

December 3 2006, 8:20 AM 

Hi, Edwin,I tried to take the pictures as good as possible I can but still have not satisfied yet! Every time I saw your pictures and I was wondering how come that you can take the pictures so perfect? Can you let me know what kind of the digital camera which you used? Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

Thanks for the compliment ...

December 3 2006, 9:17 AM 

I use a Nikon DSLR D70s with the kit 18-70mm lens together with a x2 magnifying lens that I can screw ontop of the 18-70. I also have a small
Nikon Coolpix L3 which has a Macro function and takes great pictures too.

IMO the secret to nice photographs is diffused light! Make sure only diffused light reaches the object and use a tripod.

For some of my shots I put the watch on a white cloth in a plastic container:

The paper in front of the container is important to prevent reflections of the room in the shiny parts of the bezel.

Cloth will work too instead of paper:

Be sure to position the watch in such a way that the lens wont reflect in the bezel or other parts of the watch (or erase the reflections
with PhotoShop or similar app.)

I also used another setup with paper (plain white copy-machine paper):

The setup in the lower left corner differs from the one at the lower right corner in that in the latter more light gets to the subject. I added the towel to dampen the shake the camera experiences when the mirror moves upward.

Overhead this setup there are two tubelights (2 meter in total).

Really, thats all (and a little postprocessing of course )

Edwin

Respond to this message   
David
(no login)

New pictures

December 3 2006, 11:02 AM 

Thanks a lot! I also owned a Nikkon D70s and micro lens in the past one year.I was not satisfied with the quality of the pictures I took most of time. I changed to Nikkon D200 right now. The pictures quality improve a little bit but haven't not reached my request yet. Now I understand the problem is not come from the camera,it's the person. I will try your method. maybe someday I can take the pictures as good as yours. Thanks again!

Respond to this message   
Edwin H. Heusinkveld
(Login EdHe)
PP Discussion Group

I like the D70s but then I only use it as a P&S ...

December 3 2006, 12:28 PM 

I do notice there is a lot of noise in the pictures. My brother has a Canon camera (dont know the model number) but his picture show less noise.

Is the D200 better compared to the D70s or is it as noisy?

I´d love to see the results of your D200 and ´my´ setup. It realy is very easy!

Edwin

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page