Return to Index  

Transaxle photos

February 2 2004 at 3:08 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Posters
from IP address 66.89.75.42

Response to While you're at it, may as well get the gear lube too

In case you want to see my transaxle rebuild project, take a look at this link http://members3.boardhost.com/928s4vr/msg/35534.html

A 928 transaxle costs $13,000 new, and around $2500 to $3000 exchange "IF" you don't have major problems with it. You'll note the entire rear suspension has to come out of the car in order to remove the transaxle. Therefore, using the "best lube available" is in order. Same goes for the motor.

Right now I'm running Mobil-1 15W50 in my marine 427s, and as you can see from the prev chart I posted, it doesn't stack up too well against Amsoil. It is, however, far superior to just about anything else, and for the dollar, it's a very good product. I think Red Line makes a fine product too.

Personally, I think Amsoil makes a heck of a product. Porsche, by the way, is now actually "recommending" Mobil-1 as their preferred oil.

P

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement