Return to Index  

Well there is the basics of good oil

February 9 2004 at 9:00 AM
No score for this post

Pippin  (Login TorinoBP88)
Posters
from IP address 209.204.172.254

Response to The motor has not been started yet, but the cam is already...

I do not know where to get Amsoil in my area, but i have read it is the BOMB of good oil, and that is would be best for keeping your engine alive. Short of that, I know that Mobile 1 and other such synthetics are really great! I like 15/50. But keep the oil clean or you are defeting the purpose. I think I saw some one talking about oils elsewhere on the Forum.

Also, do not idle in traffic if you can help it. Extended slow speed (like over rev)is hard on the cam.

Furthermore, make sure you are using a GOOD oil filter that both filters down to SMALL partilcles as well as FILTERS ALL of the oil at engine start up. Many engines bypass the filter either when it is too dirty or when the oil is thick and cold. When you start your engine, the oil pump takes the dirtiest oil, may bypass the filter and send dirty oil to the engine.

What about a stainless steel cartrage filter that is cleanable, that would both allow you to look at the particles in the engine, and they usually do not bypass. I know they are pricey, but really nice.

One more thing do you have roller or roller tip rockers, or stock ones?

Pippin
User Name: TorinoBP88
1868 Torino GT Fstbk

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement