Return to Index  

Lemme give you a short run down on "Why the f## do we have 2 forums"?.

May 5 2004 at 4:18 PM
No score for this post

Theo  (Login racecrafterFE)
Posters
from IP address 217.184.38.100

Response to It's not locked, but the admin is in the Navy and is shipped out, who is the admin here?

Hi Larry.
This Forum was created by Jeff H. He was absent for a long time and simply didn't know what was going on in this board. During his absence some serious trolling and bashing took place and a group of participants finally decided to create a new moderated forum where things could be controlled.
There was an other group that didn't want to give up their ground just because some sick troll managed to seduce some people to respond and make things even worse. I was w. the group that didn't want to give up and the more the separating group put their heads together pointing their fingers on us, the more I felt homebound. It all came to a disgusting point when the initially small group of separators had convinced the masses. Quite some seemed to progressively find their thrills in bashing trolling and even insult the remainders of this original forum. It was a ridiculous war which wasn't intended or foreseen by Anthony when he created the new forum.

Fortunately the pioneers took the trolls with them to the new grounds, which gave us "the stubborn" a nice rest for a while. Then SS, one of at least two trolls that I'm aware of came frequently back to stir up the forum. I decided to contact the Network admins a couple of times and a few other guys did too. This helped in the end and we're now having a nice forum again although not moderated.

The worst thing that I personally experienced during this period was seeing how a well respected forum participant was trying to reach the Network admins in order to either get this forum's account rights or to DELETE it although everybody was aware of how difficult and exhausting it was for the remainders to defend this place against trolls. He was one of many that didn't even respect their forum matesÂ’ freedom of having a different opinion on this issue. Not only that a new controlled place was established, the original forum had to be either controlled too or deleted in favour of the new place. The remainders that didn't want to give up would have been forced to move too if this plan had come true.
Unfortunately this orig. forum's entry in the Network index list disappeared for some unknown reason. Instead only the new forum is listed. Consequently this forum's traffic which used to rally w. the new place, dramatically decreased.
However, all this took place a long time ago and things got mostly straightened out I guess. Although a few stubborn FE rednecks mainly try to keep things rolling in this forum, many participants ping pong both forums anyway. I just wanted to shed a light on what you've heard from the hear say.
Regards

P.S. Jeff H. lost his account password. This forum is not moderated anymore.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement