Return to Index  

Jeff, I hope.........

May 8 2004 at 3:11 PM
No score for this post

Theo  (Login racecrafterFE)
Posters
from IP address 213.187.81.129

Response to Ok....Here's the real reason.....

.....you didn't get it the wrong way. I remember when you dropped in and informed us about what had happened to your password.
I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned the person who was trying to access control over the orig. forum. That's just an other story. It filled me with anger 'cause this person was and still is very influential and was very well aware of how much the remaining participants of your forum loved it and how much effort they were putting in to keep it going. His aim was to either keep the orig. F. as an "only read" archive or to delete it, if my memory serves me right. I felt that this person's ambition and personal feeling towards some people in this board had gotten over his head. Fortunately the network admins didn’t give away the password.
The whole issue was of a quite political, maybe of a philosophical character too. It was about how much control does man need and about how to handle the hools.

I voted for ignoring them in this particular situation, rather than giving up the chance (experiment) to self regulate things. I was against the implementation of more control. IMO “control” has taken way too much place in our modern lives. I thought that we should start to control ourselves rather than controlling others. This means resisting responding to nonsense. Every challenge should be considered as a chance to learn, although some ruffling feathers is O.K. once in a while. Others (just a few at this stage) couldn't wait to be in a moderated forum and IMO they didn't give the orig. forum a chance.
Once the new forum was established the worst part for the orig. forum began after a while. Spam increased and became worse then ever before plus people dropped in trying to poach participants especially new visitors. Some even disrespectfully claimed that the orig. forum only had a low level of knowledge and wouldn't be worth spending time. That didn’t feel very good. It went on for a real long time and probably would have had a humiliating effect if we the so called "stubborn" weren't such a thick-skinned bunch of FE rednecks. I don't want to speak for all the guys who kept this forum going, but I think that the unspoken consensus on our policy was that we shouldn't give up this place and just take the extra mile to post here AND there. If you go to the new forum and type my name into the search engine you'll find posts of mine. Same goes w. most of the other guys here. Unfortunately Anthony has deleted the link to the orig. forum which he wisely had implemented in his header before. In the MEL Forum that I'm running I've linked both forums, the orig. and the new forum.
No need to apologize Jeff. I can’t remember anyone blaming you for something.
Regards

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement