Return to Index  

Old Fords Never Die

May 13 2004 at 6:24 PM
No score for this post
Tony  (Login Caliante)
Posters
from IP address 63.159.81.23

I just wanted to share a little story about a parts car I bought about a year ago. Its a 64 T-bird I bought for a $100.00 from a guy who knew nothing about cars. It had no battery and a whole in the gas tank. He said it ran but the brakes did not work. He had put a gas can in the trunk and popped the gas line into the can and drove it around the farm.Well I just winched it on my trailer gave him his 100 dollars got the title and went on my merry way. The cooling system expansion tank was worth the purchase price.Well it sat on the trailer for about a year until yesterday. My brother needed to use my trailer. So I popped a battery in and all I had for a fuel cell was a 1/2 liter water bottle. Well I primed the carb and filled the bottle with gas and duct taped the fuel line in it. I told my helper (who is one of those mini truckers) that I bet he would crap his pants and stop talking crap about old Fords if this car started on the first crank. And I guess you know the ending of this story. And I also crapped my pants driving it off the trailer because the guy wasn't liing about the brakes. The point of this story is I love FE engines because I have never had on leave me on the side of the road. And no matter how long thay sit they always fire right up. Just another satisfied customer.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement