Return to Index  

A few thoughts.....

June 30 2004 at 12:41 PM
No score for this post

Theo  (Login racecrafterFE)
Posters
from IP address 213.20.138.170

Response to more on the old gal...

Curt, first thing in mind is that your timing could be too much. Initial timing w/o the vac. hose at the distributor (plugged) @ 500 RPM (no centrifugal and no vac. advance) should be at about 6 degrees BTDC or @ what ever the shop manual or cam manufacturer recommends.
The centrifugal advance could come in too early too. Proper weights on stck. distr. or proper adjustments on aftermarket vac. diaphragm devices should be set.
2. Thought is that your carb might have accumulated dirt in the bowl and duct areas. I have been there twice even w. a good fuel filter. There was bogs and strange idle behavior in the transition throttle position just like an air leak thing. Flooring the pedal deeper was doing o.k.

3. Possibility could be an air leak or a combination between 1-3.
Can't think of anything else in the moment.

The pertronix is a good idea. I don't know the current prize on these, but they're worth the expense. Just make sure that they're for an FE engine. I think it just says ....FORD 19xx - 19xx.
Can't remember the years.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement