<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Which distributor

May 4 2004 at 5:33 PM
No score for this post
Matt  (Login Matt98032)
Posters
from IP address 4.242.69.3

I was going to pick up a rebuilt stock type dist at the auto parts store.

They have 2 listed. Single vacuum advance or dual vacuum.

I will be installing my pertronix in it.

Which do you recommend, and why?

Thank you !

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Matt
(Login Matt98032)
Posters

Re: Which distributor

No score for this post
May 7 2004, 6:07 PM 

I'm almost thinkin that the dual vac might be for some emmision control possibly???

Stoerm
(Login Stoerm)
Posters

Re: Which distributor

No score for this post
May 7 2004, 11:25 PM 

How about installing an electronic ignition distributor instead? Are those even available for the FE engines? Is the pertronix device that nifty? I had one on a chevy years back and it was nice, but I noticed a difference when I eventually installed HEI in it.

Theo
(Login racecrafterFE)
Posters

Guess there's a typo in your post.......

No score for this post
May 8 2004, 1:44 AM 

........there's no dual vac.,...
must say dual point distr.
Dual point distr. are good for old fashioned HP appl. If you can't afford a Mallory or D.U.I performance distributor, then a pertronix is a very good and sufficient device. I had all of the distr. listed above. The difference is very marginal. The pertronix represents a very reasonable way to go especially if you want to keep the matching original design. It installs within a few minutes and you'll never have to fiddle w. dwell etc. I highly recommend it.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement