<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

engine id

May 4 2004 at 8:18 PM
No score for this post
anthony  (Login mystang68)
Posters
from IP address 205.188.116.130

i have a question about the motor in my fastback. i was told it was a 390 when i purchased it. the heads are the correct 390gt part numbers, the manifolds are correct also, the block is a c6me-a. i read somewhere that this is the most common 428 block. i also read somewhere that all fe motors except 428 are externally balanced. my motor doesnt have a harmonic balancer at all just a single sheave pulley. i do not have any vibrations through the drive train. any idea what i have

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony
(Login Caliante)
Posters

No score for this post
May 7 2004, 5:40 PM 

I HAVE A 390 ON AN ENGINE STAND THAT I PULLED OUT OF A 1966 THUNDERBIRD. SAME PULLY. 428 COBRA JET ENGINES HAVE AND EXTERAL HAMMER LIKE BALANCER ON PULLY IF I RECALL CORRECTLY. IF THE ENGINE HAS NOT HAD A LOT OF WORK DONE TO IT THERE SHOULD BE AN ALUMINIUM TAG BOLTED TO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD RIGHT NEXT TO THE DISTRIBUTOR WITH THE DISPLACEMENT CLEARLY MARKED.

Theo
(Login racecrafterFE)
Posters

Here's a link for ya.......

No score for this post
May 9 2004, 6:30 AM 

Theo
(Login racecrafterFE)
Posters

Engine ID links..

No score for this post
May 9 2004, 7:12 AM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement