<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

You can still buy FE performance levels, for a PRICE

June 4 2004 at 12:20 PM
No score for this post

(Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Posters
from IP address 66.89.75.42

This is a bit off topic, but hey, I thought Theo, Paul, or Royce might like to trade a car in on one of these.

Well, if you have $150,000 and can find the telephone number, you can get on the waiting list for a Bentley, or you can buy a FE-powered Mustang or Cougar with the same power, ha ha. Royce, you might be able to trade one of your Cougars for one, eh?

P

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

“The Continental GT has the underpinnings of a true sports car - a 6.0-liter W12 with 48-valves and twin-turbos produces 552 unsatiable horsepower and 479 lb-ft of tire-melting torque (which begins at just over 1500 rpm)”

Here’s the article
http://www.roadfly.org/magazine/12/bentley_continental_gt.1.html

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Theo
(Login racecrafterFE)
Posters

Where has the elegance gone?.........

No score for this post
June 4 2004, 12:49 PM 

I'm probably of a spoiled stubborn freeman species. Can"t find any thrill w. those monsterous modern vehicles. The fronts on most cars are rediculous fat w. a way too high belt line. I hate alum. wheels in general. They are a big desease in Germany. I noticed a trailer with such wheels today LOL.
I have to admit this 5000 lbs light weight has SOME nice ideas in design. The back and those outlined rear fender section could have been really nice if the concept was performed more elegant.
Sixties Italian sport cars are great IMO and the Brits got those incredible Aston Healy models of the same period. BTW A friend of mine has an hand build Italian Intermecanica. The dash board leather looks a bit crappy, but it's just the way they made it in those days,..hand sewed leather.
The car has a SBC under its' hood and a german Opel Diplomat semi independent rear axle. Nice car actuall,.. only very few built.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement