<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Update

July 12 2004 at 4:47 PM
No score for this post
CelticDirk  (Login CelticDirk)
Posters
from IP address 68.59.186.133

Finally got my 67 P/U back on the street. Steering column bearings went south. As she is a combination of parts it has been really interesting. The block is a 66 390 with 67 heads. Edlerbrock Street Master intake with Carter 730 cfm carb, fairly hot cam, angled valve job, polished exhaust and headers. Have no idea of HP. P/U originally was six with three on tree. My friend who put on the Carter was given first drive. Rolled out in low, changed to second and left over 60 feet of rubber and said at least one front wheel was off the ground. He hit third and she loudly barked the tires. According to him his AMX 360 six pack could not touch that FE. He was a street cop for many years and doesn't scare easily but he had goose bumps on his arms. Got to replace the harmonic balancer next week. It wobbles a bit. Got to find a 4 speed toploader. Wish I had some idea of hp output. Stay tune. More to come.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on CarsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement